In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

first shoot...

oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
in about 28 yrs
went to the local club pistol shoot
NRA style slow fire, timed fire and rapid fire in rimfire and then center fire
1911 hasnt been tightened up yet to do 25 yd, so i used a wheel gun (with a bit of slop in the cylinder stop) against what seemed like a majority of ex-mil shooters
came away with a 451 2-X/600 so i dont feel like i disgraced myself too much
and after the shoot gave a basic safe handling to a (former anti-gun) co-worker of the daughters... and he is now addicted and talking about getting a .22 pistol as well as the .40 xd he got so he can practice and shoot in the shoot in the neat future
he will be getting his range card this week as well.. he is hooked trying to hit that x ring!!
so all in all a pretty good morning

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a fun day, and great to hear u turned another to the cause.Congrats!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got to shoot, AND helped get someone addicted in the same day?
    Yup, a good day indeed. [:D]

Don't wait another 28 years. [;)]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny isn't it how po[eople who think guns are just for killing really take to target shooting. When they find its not so easy to hit that target. Or they see guys that are really good making it look easy.

I'm good but do not spend enough time on the range tp get better.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I have a friend from Poland(when it was communist) He was afraid to own a gun from his past life in communist Poland.

He had been fondling my guns for a while. He called me the other day as the proud new owner of a glock 17
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    Fondling your ........... [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

watch out for those Polish guys [:D][:D][:D][:D]