In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Waaaaaahooooo

coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Went and got my Henry today. I got the .22LR youth model (got it cause it's smaller and that's what I wanted since I just wanted a small handy gun). Then, went to to walmart and got me a deal. A .50 CVA buckhorn magnum. $125 OTD. last one they had and it was the display model. Got all the goodies, place to mount a scope, fiber optic sights, and can handle 150 grains of pyrodex. Also received access to another gun today, but I'm gonna pull a SF and leave y'all hangin. [:D]

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wont get a minute of sleep. Let me guess, A red rider BB gun[:D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I wont get a minute of sleep. Let me guess, A red rider BB gun[:D]

He'll shoot his eye out!
  • coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    That Henry is like a red ryder for big kids. Love that gun. Haven't got to shoot the CVA yet, gonna put a scope on it.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltpax
    Went and got my Henry today. I got the .22LR youth model (got it cause it's smaller and that's what I wanted since I just wanted a small handy gun). Then, went to to walmart and got me a deal. A .50 CVA buckhorn magnum. $125 OTD. last one they had and it was the display model. Got all the goodies, place to mount a scope, fiber optic sights, and can handle 150 grains of pyrodex. Also received access to another gun today, but I'm gonna pull a SF and leave y'all hangin. [:D]

150 grs. of Pyrodex - @ $20.00 / lb. thats $.44 for powder alone per shot. This could get expensive...fast.
    Enjoy [;)]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gesshots

150 grs. of Pyrodex - @ $20.00 / lb. thats $.44 for powder alone per shot. This could get expensive...fast.
    Enjoy [;)]

Well, i figure I can use 50 grains for plinking, sight in with 150 grains then hunt with 150 grains.
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think that 100 grains would be quite adequate but that is just me. do you have the balistics data on the 100 V 150 grain load? I really am curious since I have several 45 and 50 cal BP rifles. Thanks, Tom

PS: It has been quite a while since I have shot any of them. T
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox
    I would think that 100 grains would be quite adequate but that is just me. do you have the balistics data on the 100 V 150 grain load? I really am curious since I have several 45 and 50 cal BP rifles. Thanks, Tom

Never seen any of the data. I just always figure the more Powder, the more speed. But 100 grains is adequate, no doubt about it.
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to be a downer, but don't you have a pick up to fix?[:D]

A man has to have his priorities straight.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by diver-rig
    Not to be a downer, but don't you have a pick up to fix?[:D]

A man has to have his priorities straight.[;)]

Im making that a long term project. Just slowly pick up cheap and free parts. In fact, got a free bumper for it the other day and got some free metal to make a grille.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't believe you didn't go over on the auction side and support old Gunbroker buying guns. That is what keeps this message forum going not Walmart.
    edited November -1
    I wasn't planning on buying the muzzleloader at all, but came across a good deal in walmart. If you wanna get mad at me for passing up a good deal, then so be it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    You decide not to buy the Chinese mini-chopper?

Got the name of it, couldnt find parts so I told the guy thanks but no thanks.
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dont look at this link colt, i would hate to hear yo cry from so far away...
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217602299
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldemagics
    dont look at this link colt, i would hate to hear yo cry from so far away...
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217602299

Well, it's in my hands today, it's new, and I dont have to worry about shipping.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Let us know when you want to sell some of this stuff for cash..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie

I can always make more money. Besides, nobody knows what's gonna happen tomorrow, or next week, or anything. I'd rather have something to trade in a total financial collapse than useless paper (well it's cloth but you know what I mean). For all we know, tomorrow the rags could launch nukes and kill us all. So I'll enjoy my life while I can. Life is short, be happy.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1

I can always make more money. Besides, nobody knows what's gonna happen tomorrow, or next week, or anything. I'd rather have something to trade in a total financial collapse than useless paper (well it's cloth but you know what I mean). For all we know, tomorrow the rags could launch nukes and kill us all. So I'll enjoy my life while I can. Life is short, be happy.

It's also likely jack crap will happen tomorrow. A man with 3 guns and lots of ammo is just as well off as man with more than 3.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Love those Henrys. Great shooting guns. I bought mine from WalMart too. I think it was $219.00. about 5 years ago.
    edited November -1

It's also likely jack crap will happen tomorrow. A man with 3 guns and lots of ammo is just as well off as man with more than 3.

True, but i reckon guns are just my hobby. Some guys my age spend there money at parties, customizing their cars, on fancy clothes and all that other crap. But I didn't spend all my money today. But, I do have a full tank of gas, 3 more guns and some ammo (and some CV joints that need put on). I reckon im just living it up a bit.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1

as my sig line states: "The day you are born you are dying" No truer words there.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

True, but i reckon guns are just my hobby. Some guys my age spend there money at parties, customizing their cars, on fancy clothes and all that other crap. But I didn't spend all my money today. But, I do have a full tank of gas, 3 more guns and some ammo (and some CV joints that need put on). I reckon im just living it up a bit.

your not the only one with the gun accumulation disease
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahhh.....the impetiousness of youth
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox

Not knowing the ammo he'll be using let's go with this.....

both loads from a 28" barrel...

w/100gr equiv pelletized powder , 295gr powerbelt bullet HP .50cal;
    velocity @ 50yd = 1484 fps, energy @ 50yd = 1443 fp, trajectory = +3.2" @ 50yd

w/150gr equiv pelletized powder, 295gr powerbelt bullet HP .50cal;
    velocity @50yd = 1762 fps, energy @ 50yd = 2034 fp, trajectory = +1.98" @50yd.
    edited November -1
    So there is quite a difference in speed between 100 and 150 grains. Thanks PTEIM. Btw, how'd you know what bullets I got? I got powerbelts for hunting and the flat nose ones for plinking.
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    So there is quite a difference in speed between 100 and 150 grains. Thanks PTEIM. Btw, how'd you know what bullets I got? I got powerbelts for hunting and the flat nose ones for plinking.

I have a CVA .50cal Hunter ProMag ML and I only shoot Powerbelts through it (mine seems to like only Powerbelt bullets) and I shoot the 295gr during hunting season (when I see deer).
    Honestly, I got the info from the last pack of PB rounds I bought and the pamphlet in the package was right here at the desk.

It seems that CVA and Powerbelt have a relationship. But, what do I know.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know what they say, this thread is...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    You know what they say, this thread is...

Useless without pics? I'll throw some up when I get a chance. And the Henry is the full-sized version. Don't know why I thought I had the youth version, guess cause those things AR small anyhow.