In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Large lot of ammo on the block

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Just listed a pretty good sized auction of misc ammo, if any of you wanted to start in the illustrous world of collecting odd lots of ammo here you go:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=203884734

Some cool[8D], some not[B)] but I figured I would get rid of it so I can re-invest in other odd lots that I don't have any use for[:D]

Comments

• Options
    MrM1A1MrM1A1 Member Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me likey...how many rounds would you say there are total, rough guess? Either way it's a nice lot.[;)]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pull those 38 shot shells out of the lot and list them separately, I could use them!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrM1A1
    Me likey...how many rounds would you say there are total, rough guess? Either way it's a nice lot.[;)]

quick count from the pics was 213 individual rounds not including the bag of old 22lr rounds.

the somewhat rare ones are:
    1.1 whatzit
    5mm RF's (2) The little ones not the rem mag ones.
    9mm RF
    22 WCF
    38-56
    25 long rf
    .30 Herret
    9mm Federal
    Plus several others that certainly aren't common.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I have a bunch of 44 357 and 45 acp shotloads I bouht new at gunshows thinking I would use them. I never have. now I can't even remember what I thought I would use them for...LOL[:D] what are the stubby ones that look like blanks?
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CS- No worries- I'll be glad to sell them to you cheap after I win. [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The short stubby ones that look like blanks I believe are 38 and 32 RIMFIRE blanks I believe. I didn't measure them but that is my assumption. The bigger ones, 38?, have "US" stamped in the middle of them but most have been struck in the middle by some idiot trying to get them to go off in a centerfire revolver.

If anyone can tell me what they are for sure I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    I have a bunch of 44 357 and 45 acp shotloads I bouht new at gunshows thinking I would use them. I never have. now I can't even remember what I thought I would use them for...LOL[:D] what are the stubby ones that look like blanks?

Corn monkeys?
  • Options
    coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    One day I'm gonna get some of those 1.1 whatzits to fire in my old gnateen 11 and do some gnat huntin. I still fidn that funny.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone identify what this grey thing is on the .308 cartridge fourth from the left, it slides off and underneath is a standard projectile but I have no idea what the purpose of it is.

ammo_lot.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal
    Can anyone identify what this grey thing is on the .308 cartridge fourth from the left, it slides off and underneath is a standard projectile but I have no idea what the purpose of it is.

ammo_lot.jpg

Bullet condom, used to prevent ejectile disfunction. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does this mean the GB community is stumped about the grey thing on the .308?

I posted it on ATE also and they haven't come up with anything yet either.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Perhaps (this is just a speculation) is it something like a sabot, to allow a .308 to be fired in a larger caliber gun for practice or something like that? I don't know why someone would want that, or what it would go in, but I've seen some weird stuff in the gun world.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal

ammo_lot.jpg

is it a cap for a pen that someone just happened to put on it? [:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH it could be something for super secret snipers in rough conditions to keep their bullet from getting dinged up so as to not mess up their rifles accuracy. [:D]