In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mnrivrat48

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I have been through enough darkness for 3 people.

I have had enough pain for 3 people. Unless i die soon i am going to go through more pain than 6 or more people.

Whenever people around me talk about how bad it is for America to lose as many people in Iraq and Afghanistan as we have i tell them the problem is not the ones we lost.

I was in the military for 10 years and i was present when 2 people died. I also was the last person to talk to a pilot that died.

I would tell them dying is the easy part. I would die for my country with no problem tomorrow if needed.

My fears would be coming home crippled and blind. These are the people that that bother me. Dying is easy living all messed up is not something i can imagine.

mnrivrat48 prayers asked for you. I can not imagine being in a wheelchair. I can walk but it hurts pretty bad. Pain meds does not stop it but i can walk.

Im selfish i do not think i could handle what you are going through.[:(]

Prayers for your comfort and peace of mind.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Whats going on? If you find/have good doctors you will/can get higher prescriptions.

I go to a pain doctor but i get drug tested every 3 or 4 months.

She told me that i am taking twice the dose of Oxycotin/Oxycodone that the government wants her to give me. The government does not want her to go over 60mg of both in a day. I take 120mg a day. Some days less some days more.

In 7 years i have never ran out or asked for more. She did change the oxycodone to dilaudid and i took her the bottle of pills back and she put them in a sharps container and threw them away. She gave me oxycodone again. Dilaudid gave me a buzz, hot flashes, and made my heart speed up.

With what i take i never get a buzz and i am never pain free either. Once in a long while i will take a shot of vodka if i am miserable.

My pain doctor instead of raising my pain meds will switch me to another opiate. Instead of OXycotin/Oxycodone she will give me Morphine ER/and Morphine. Or dilaudid er /dilaudid.

Changing meds might help. Also do you go to a family doctor or a pain clinic? That makes a big difference. I was getting my pain meds from my cancer doctor but i would have to drive 1 and 1/2 hours to pick up a prescription every month.

I asked my family doctor if she would give me the meds so i did not have to go to UNC every month. She was fine with it. When my pain got worse she asked me to go to the pain clinic.

The pain clinic changed everything around and helped a lot. I see my family doctor every 3 months and she asked what the pain clinic did.

I told her they changed oxycodone from 10 to 15mg. She told me she did not know they made 15mg oxycodone.

The only problem i have going to the pain clinic is being drug tested every 3 or 4 months. I do not mind taking the test i mind having to pay 160 dollars for it. That pisses me off.

Let me know whats going on and i may or may not have advice.

If you e-mail me privately post up here to check my e-mail. I suck checking e-mail. I am behind over 36,000 e-mails to go through. LOL

Prayers for you and yours because i do know pain.[:(] I live my life on how i feel. My wife will make a list of things she wants done for the week and i do what i can when i can.

Hope things gets better.
  • Options
    edited November -1