In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Took The Kids To The Bahamas

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
When the twins turned 16 we took them on a cruise to the Bahamas and other places. The kids thought it would be a great idea to buy liquor at 16.

So i go with them and find a store. As soon as i walk in the store the cashier is talking to 2 policeman so i walk over and ask how old do you have to be to buy liquor. I explained about my kids.

The cops really did not know. Then 1 said can they reach over the counter to pay for it. I told him yea. He told me if he can reach over the counter then he was ok to buy liquor.

The kids loved it.

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am old enough that I bought guns before the 1968 Gun Control Act. If the dealer knew you, the criteria was that you were tall enough to put the money on the counter.
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a teenager (early 60's), I went to a country store in Mississippi to buy fireworks. I noticed several handguns in a display case. I asked the old guy who owned the store "how old do you have to be to buy a pistol"? He looked at me and said "12".
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    growing up in a service station i started working a age 12....we sold hunting and fishing gear long before there were box stores ...anyone lay their money on the counter could buy a rifle, shotgun , pistol....
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When i was around 11 or 12 in 1977 i could buy ammo. After i bought ammo for the first time my dad asked what i was shooting.

The man that owned Western Auto called my dad after i bought it and made sure he did not have a problem with it.[:)]