In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auction ?

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
this past week end one of my rifles sold over in the auction side and I sent the winning bidder two messages and so far no reply also he has only 1 feedback, I had this happen before and wasted two weeks to finally have to relist the gun.
My ? is how long to wait before I relist ?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bid on a gun on the other side.
    The auction included ammo with the purchase.
    I e-mailed the seller, who appears to be a private seller, stating that at the time I was high bidder.
    We live in the same state but, 3 hours apart.
    I stated that if I won, I'd send the certified check as requested, and my info, then, after it cleared, we'd meet half way instead of him shipping the gun and ammo.
    He has $45 listed as the shipping rate.
    I'm not sure if he knows that, you can't ship ammo with the gun and, that there are some hoops to jump through to ship ammo.
    No reply as of yet.
    I'd bid more to not have to pay shipping and transfer fee and just to take a drive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What chance for a sale do you have when there are 100's of the items listed? I'm talking about Springfield M1A's. Quality guns but unless sold for a loss you could never sell a new one. Better to hope they quit making them or Hillary bans them. Then they would go like hotcakes.
    JM[?]
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He might not drive or want to meet some ying yang so you might not have a deal.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So what is the question?
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that there are some hoops to jump through to ship ammo.

there are ? other than NOT using the US Mail and shipping ground thru either fedex or UPS , its pretty straight forward
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal
    So what is the question?

t
    I'd say the biggest one is can you ship a gun with ammo?
    Pretty sure the answer is no.
    That's why I was trying to give him an out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JimmyJack
    He might not drive or want to meet some ying yang so you might not have a deal.

So am I a Ying, or a Yang?
    I know I'm not a Young.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    So what is the question?

t

Legally, no, You cannot ship ammunition with a firearm.

It does happen quite often by people that don't know and got lucky there was no issue. I think many that advertise them together(guns with ammo) plan on shipping them separate, $45 is about what a dealer would pay to ship a handgun and ammo separately. If he is new to shipping though, you are probably correct in the fact he doesn't know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    So what is the question?

t

Legally, no, You cannot ship ammunition with a firearm.

It does happen quite often by people that don't know and got lucky there was no issue. I think many that advertise them together(guns with ammo) plan on shipping them separate, $45 is about what a dealer would pay to ship a handgun and ammo separately. If he is new to shipping though, you are probably correct in the fact he doesn't know.

A+26 seller. Doubt he knows.
    Even if I don't get the rifle, want him to be aware.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got a reply.
    Why would I drive an hour instead of ten minutes to ups?
    Told him good luck..
    I'm out.
    Still don't think he gets the whole shipping gun with ammo thing.
    Not my problem now.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must be missing something, but....it appears to me that it is still your problem. You bid on his auction, you don't get to drop out. Your only hope is that someone will outbid you. Otherwise, you are contractually obligated to complete the auction, according to the seller's terms.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    I must be missing something, but....it appears to me that it is still your problem. You bid on his auction, you don't get to drop out. Your only hope is that someone will outbid you. Otherwise, you are contractually obligated to complete the auction, according to the seller's terms.

Neal

Yep, your missing something.
    I've done been outbid. Maybe I wasn't clear on that. Sorry.
    I just wanted him to know that he couldn't ship the gun with the ammo and that I'd bid a little more if he'd meet me half way instead of paying shipping, hazmat, and ffl charge.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He can ship the ammo with the gun.

As long has he does not get caught.

Lots of things happen with no one the wiser. Years ago when I had a C&R I received a handgun in the mail. Told the shipper that was illegal. His postmaster said it is an ATF license, as far as I am concerned he can ship it. He did.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure dealers ship guns and ammo together all the time.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never ship ammo and guns together. Distributors ship guns and ammo separately as well. I have on occasion received ammo with guns from private transfer. A while back Henry had a problem where apparently a loaded gun was shipped and for a while after that every Henry rifle we received had an extra tag advising to check for a loaded gun.
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talked to a friend who is a big wig at UPS he said yes he can ship but rifle and ammo have to be separate so two shipments
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An hour and a half one way trip is a 3 hour round trip. My time is more valuable than that. $45 is a reasonable amount to ship a rifle and ammo. If it costs him more then it's on him. If he ships them together and gets caught then it's on him. It was nice of you to point out that ammo and firearms cannot ship together but if you are OK with the $45 shipping I don't know why you would stop bidding.
    Just my $.02.