In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Santiago, Chile zoo Lions killed to stop suicide

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Back in May* a lunatic broke into the lion habitat in the Santiago Zoo and tried to make the lions eat him.

There were no fast-acting tranquilizer rounds available, the idiot was hit with a dart intended for one of the lions.

The zoo keepers killed the lions to save his life.

Darwin thwarted again.

* I searched to see if this was posted, didn't find anything with the terms I used.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figure the lion brought in revenue and I reckon the idiot didn't. If he wasn't an idiot the nut ball didn't have a job or was a strain on society. I would've waited until he cried for "help" and then shot the idiot or let him squeak until the lion finished playing with him.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn too bad for the lions
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to give him credit for originality, though. Also for ruining the "If we ban guns, we'll stop suicides" argument.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a waste. Now he'll have to try another method and they are down some
    Lions.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much you wanna bet, that Chile's government gave the guy the death penalty for causing the deaths of the Lions!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,968 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Poor decision on the part of the zookeepers, but suicide or attempted suicide by zoo animal is not all that uncommon.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep. the lion didn't want to die, the idiot did. Should have killed the idiot
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Should have left the lions do their thing. If the jerk wanted to commit suicide, Let Him...
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,428 ******
    edited November -1
    If they would have just waited long enough, all of the evidence of the guy even being there would be gone![:D]
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    If they would have just waited long enough, all of the evidence of the guy even being there would be gone![:D]

Unfortunately there was a large crowd present. I think there's a youtube video of the incident.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasted opportunity. FREE LION CHOW, and idiot gone. Maybe the early Christians were on to something [}:)]