In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saying Grace before Meals BANNED

mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Gov?t bans prayer to God; Christian preschool forced to thank ?sun and rain? for meals instead

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/christian-preschool-switches-to-thanking-the-sun-and-rain-before-meals-afte

UMEA, Sweden, June 28, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) ? A Salvation Army-run preschool in Sweden was too Christian in its educational content, a government inspection found, so the school has stopped its "Bible snack time" lessons and praying grace before meals.

The country's Education Act bans "confessional" educational content during school time. It also says students must always be allowed to opt out of such activities.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well....SWEDONE...get ready to be muslime nation
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I don't give a damn what people say, nothing can stop a kid from praying in school if he wants to.
    My Aunt is always sending me BS about banned school prayer no matter how many times I explain to her A KID CAN PRAY ANYTIME HE WANTS.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sure they can pray, then get hauled out in shackles and whipped in the public square.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would imagine that many of us remember saying grace before lunch at our public elementary schools.

Not that I am necessarily a great example, but I do not see where it did any of us any harm.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    I would imagine that many of us remember saying grace before lunch at our public elementary schools.

Not that I am necessarily a great example, but I do not see where it did any of us any harm.

If someone forced the children to thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the staggering payload of pasta he had bestowed upon them, I'm certain that no real harm would come to the children either.

That isn't the point.

If someone wants to pray before a meal, by all means pray. But don't insist it's something that everyone else must do.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

If someone forced the children to thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the staggering payload of pasta he had bestowed upon them, I'm certain that no real harm would come to the children either.

That isn't the point.

If someone wants to pray before a meal, by all means pray. But don't insist it's something that everyone else must do.

We had a prayer led by our teacher before lunch. You were to remain silent or you could join in.

About the same as the pledge of allegiance before class started. You could remain silent or join in.

A much bigger deal is made of this stuff than it deserves, IMO.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Sweden is repatriating ISIS members to their country and offering incentives such as,.......

Free housing

Job assistance

Job training

Food assistance

My grandmother was 100% Swedish and she is now spinning in her grave at 3500 rpm!

Should we dig her up for the Dyno?
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In every instance, you will find the distinctive footprint of liberal DEMOCRATs .
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one can prevent personal prayer. A shame that sweden has a public ban. If the school recieves public funding. There are always workarounds.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Swedes are hammering one more nail in their coffin.

death01.gif
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as there are pop quizzes, there WILL be prayer in schools.

[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Because it's what we grew up with.

Have a Muslim teacher lead his students in bowing towards Mecca while reciting "There is no God but Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet" and watch the people howl from the rooftops.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God help them,the rest of Europe won't.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anybody accept the theory that all things exist without and type of intelligent direction? It takes more intelligence that all the human race has combined just to understand the human body. Where does that leave us? Steven Hawking says it is about 100,000 light year across out galaxy. Do you realize how small that makes you. Personally I feel real unimportant.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Does anybody accept the theory that all things exist without and type of intelligent direction? It takes more intelligence that all the human race has combined just to understand the human body. Where does that leave us? Steven Hawking says it is about 100,000 light year across out galaxy. Do you realize how small that makes you. Personally I feel real unimportant.

The individual grain of sand on a golf course is small, insignificant, and part of a larger creation......but that doesn't mean the person who designed the course takes a deep, personal interest in each grain of sand.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    The Swedes are hammering one more nail in their coffin.

death01.gif

They died when ABBA broke up and were buried when Saab quit making sports cars.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Because it's what we grew up with.

Have a Muslim teacher lead his students in bowing towards Mecca while reciting "There is no God but Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet" and watch the people howl from the rooftops.

It's a Christian school for Gods sake, Muslims can pray to mecca in their own churches. and schools