In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

North TX ice storm...

CLINTFCLINTF Member Posts: 735 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I'm living in North Texas and not looking forward to tonight/tomorrow's supposed ice storm. We are gonna get rain this evening and temperatures as low as 9 deg. F before morning. They are also predicting 2-5" snow in the morning. It's not that I'm not used to snow and ice but the city's public works is ineptly prepared for it (we got hit last year and it shut down the roadways for almost 3 days).

Anyone else in N. Texas/ S. Oklahoma that's gonna be on the receiving end of this weather?

Comments

• Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CLINTF
    It's not that I'm not used to snow and ice but the city's public works is ineptly prepared for it (we got hit last year and it shut down the roadways for almost 3 days)

I know , I was pulling a four horse trailer full of horses. We pulled over south of Amarillo and waited for several hours. Finally got to a Loves truck stop and waited a few more hours. The worst part was going down the Canadian,there were cars everywhere but on the road...I seriously thought about starting to smoke again...lol
  • Options
    TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still waiting on it to arrive in Ft. Worth.

Should be some snow and ice by morning.

I'm staying home if it's bad.

And be checking here all day, so be warned![}:)]
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cold here in Kress, but no moisture as of yet!
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's gonna be bad, you won't be able to find a can of chicken soup for a hundred miles!
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just drove through Amarillo on a trip to LA, and then back through on the way back in the 18 wheeler.

Thank God I am not going that way today, instead, headed to Laredo on I65 in LA [Lower Alabama.]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Topkick
    Still waiting on it to arrive in Ft. Worth.

Should be some snow and ice by morning.

I'm staying home if it's bad.

And be checking here all day, so be warned![}:)]

I've seen a few of the weather reports and I thought Dallas was only gonna get a "little taste" of the snow, ice, and wind. Have they reconsidered how far East this will hit?
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, the next couple of day could be interesting here in East Texas also. Tomorrow wind and rain possibly turning into snow at some point with low temperatures in the mid to high teens on Wednesday and Thursday.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Topkick, get ready... you're only 1.5 hrs away from me.
    I have a porch w/ a sliding glass door 10 feet from the balcony and the sleet is bouncing off the window like 200 angry Red Rider wielding thugs have commenced a bombardment. Can hear several sets of sirens in the background too.

I know all of you Northerners are laughing at me/us now but it was in the upper 70's 48 hrs ago and we don't see this too often.
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:

I know all of you Northerners are laughing at me/us now but it was in the upper 70's 48 hrs ago and we don't see this too often.

nope aint laughing if your not equipped for this kinda weather it can be the poops to deal with
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Stay under the sheets and play with the baby's mama

Baby momma turned into Grandma several years ago. Oh well, you have to make do with what you have.[:)]
  • Options
    Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not holding my breath, they always overhype these things.
  • Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They say it's gonna get nasty all the way down here, may have to go to the beach. Can get my tan, and some frost bite to go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It has started here. 1/2" and 40 mph winds, 18 degrees.

Lance
  • Options
    hogpopshogpops Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, Zinc! Is it too cold for a kangaroo there in Kress?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hogpops
    Hey, Zinc! Is it too cold for a kangaroo there in Kress?

Naw, the Roos are well, sort of.

Lance
  • Options
    Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok so maybe this storm wasn't overhyped, looks pretty nasty out there.
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    The temp just dropped quick a bit here in Houston in just 30 mins or so haha.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    Stay under the sheets and play with the baby's mama

Baby momma turned into Grandma several years ago. Oh well, you have to make do with what you have.[:)]

My youngest is 16 and her sister is 30.

They will always be my babies.

Geandma is still one hot mama.

Just because there is snow on the roof don't mean there aint no fire in the basement.[:D]

My little girl just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago, and Grandma's fire is just barely a smoldering ember, almost. [:D]