In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

all the revolution talk? hypothetical

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
i know it can be fun to sit and talk about when the shtf and all, but my question is this:

someone wrote yesterday about usually when there is a revolution now days the "regime" that gets in power is usually worse than the one kicked out. so say there was a revolution in this country and "our" side "won". who would be the new leader, would you guys want ron paul or someone else? what would could be done differently this time as far as the constitution to prevent politicians of the future from doing what they are doing today? go back to the original constitution and not let minorities and women vote like they originally had it? i dont think that will go over too well. alot of questions.

just some discussion for a monday[:)]

Comments

• slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    How dare you! I have no problem at all with Women voting! [;)]
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Talk is just that... Hypothetical. Talk ceases to be so when action is taken. Whether action will ever become reality is the big question.
    I hope it won't, but won't be surprised if it does.

Before we go about the worry of how to properly form a new nation, perhaps we should worry more about changing the present one. Look, there are many good things that have evolved over the past 230 years. These things need not be discarded, nor should they be.

I've always believed that we in the US are a reactive people, not proactive. We seem to wait until the very last second. Sometimes past the last second. Then, in desperation, we come together and rescue ourselves. This has been true from as far back as the Revolution. We don't learn quickly.

It would be my hope that our present government fails sooner than later as I believe it's bound to fail. By this I don't mean anarchy. I merely mean that those inside the beltway are turned out en mass. Whether by bloodless means or by violence I now believe it inevitable. I pray for the former.

The sooner we realize that we as a nation are bankrupt, the sooner we'll begin to mend ourselves. The sooner elected officials realize that taxation depends upon those being taxed having something to tax, the sooner we'll begin to heal as a nation. The sooner we the people insist on elected officials being held strictly to the Constitution as written, the sooner we'll return to a nation of liberty and justice. How this happens is open to question.

Perhaps most important is that there comes a point where there exists no benefit in being a politician. With no money there will be no power. Without power there will be no incentive for the greedy egotists we stupid citizens have elected. If we can somehow arrive at such a point, then only those with a true calling will accept a position in government. Such as they will be servants of the public as was intended by the founders of our nation.

So... Change will come. The form of the change is what will be interesting. No question about it!
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, Uhhh, there was a better government after the last revolution. I think only worse leaders gain power when we pay for the coos.[;)]

As for the new hypothetical government, who cares, I know I dont. As for keeping future politicians in line.. Make it unchangeable law that any who abuse they're elected positions or are found to be corrupt go to prison for the rest of they're natural born lives and we the people only need to call for a vote for that too happen.
  • bountyhunter101bountyhunter101 Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    Well, Uhhh, there was a better government after the last revolution. I think only worse leaders gain power when we pay for the coos.[;)]

As for the new hypothetical government, who cares, I know I dont. As for keeping future politicians in line.. Make it unchangeable law that any who abuse they're elected positions or are found to be corrupt go to prison for the rest of they're natural born lives and we the people only need to call for a vote for that too happen.

Only trouble with "we the people" is that there are too few of us across the country to demand a recall of these thieves that have been elected to office. Our local represenatives do not hear what we say, they know best & without force & lots of it will sit & do nothing since they are in the catbird seat "we the people" have elected them to.

There is no easy soultion to this problem. The whole sysytem needs scrapped & only those willing to uphold the Constitution need apply & then can you trust the new leaders. Lots of variables that have to be calculated first & cool heads must prevail.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well we are being corn fed into believeing we still have a democracy. Its not a two party system. And everyone of those guys are bought by special interests to be repaid once they get elected or relected.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [/quote]

Only trouble with "we the people" is that there are too few of us across the country to demand a recall of these thieves that have been elected to office. Our local represenatives do not hear what we say, they know best & without force & lots of it will sit & do nothing since they are in the catbird seat "we the people" have elected them to.

There is no easy soultion to this problem. The whole sysytem needs scrapped & only those willing to uphold the Constitution need apply & then can you trust the new leaders. Lots of variables that have to be calculated first & cool heads must prevail.
    [/quote]

well said bounty hunter
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Corruption will soon take hold no matter who is in charge.. Always has always will..[:(] Then there will be a revolution against the revolutionists, and on and on and on.....[:D][:D][:D][:0]
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Did you miss it? We just had a revolution and a complete change in government. We lost....this time.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John Quincy Adams quote: "There has never been a democracy that did not commit suicide." Too many people are too busy trying to make things "equal" in their eyes to remember the reasons for our country's founding. Of course "equal" in their eyes means their side rules. Thomas Jefferson quote: "There is nothing more unequal, than the equal treatment of unequals." Don't ask me the meaning of this, I just think he means freedom allows each person to seek their own level without gov. intrusion. Some states are now looking at the 10th Amendment as a way to stop this runaway federal government. I hope it begins a surge that will see many more joining this movement. If it takes hold it may at least be a beginning to go "back to the future", without destroying ourselves.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me watch a couple more episodes of "Jerico"
    Then I will try to answer your question.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Let me watch a couple more episodes of "Jerico"
    Then I will try to answer your question.

i dont think they get that far in jericho[:D]

should have a spin off of that show, could sall it "america part 2" or something[}:)]
  • WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a problem as I see it. Upon any large civil unrest in this country many other countries will see this as their time to attack as well, China would almost certainly come in to the fight to secure its debt we owe them. Think about it if you loaned money to someone who was about to be killed wouldn't it be in your best interest to keep them alive and paying.

My two cents