In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Pot Question

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
SO is the local homegrown stuff really lower in THC than the imported stuff from Mexico or the stuff from Kentucky?

Does ditch weed give just as good a buzz?

Comments

• Options
    ZealotZealot Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The potency all depends on what strain is being homegrown. The less potent will still get you high, but you'll have to smoke more. It's just like liquor and beer. They both get you drunk, but you have to drink more of one then the other to get there.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The stuff from Kentucky"

I resent that [:)]

Anyways, as to THC content, its just a matter of selective breeding. Wild pot should have less.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ditch weed that grows in Iowa has no THC.
    We went up there for the big balloon festival, we were picking 8 foot plants that were beautiful.
    Dried it, smoked it, got nothing but a headache.

On the other hand, very potent seed types are readily available on the internet, from Holland and British Columbia. google 'em up, you won't believe it.

So if a home grower can figure out how to get his hands on these high octane seeds, without the FBI following the mailman to his house, he can grow the best in the world.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

So if a home grower can figure out how to get his hands on these high octane seeds, without the FBI following the mailman to his house, he can grow the best in the world.

Therein lies the rub [:)]
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont they have legal pot shops in Amsterdam that sales all types of weed, much like our coffee shops?
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are legal pot shops in Amsterdam, as well as in Vancouver BC.

That guy who made millions selling seeds over the internet lives in Vancouver.
    Of course, most of the seeds were sold to America.
    Pretty ironic, using the US post office to deliver illegal seeds to the American home-growers, I'm not quite sure how that works.

That Vancouver dealer is America's Most Wanted by the DEA, they have been trying to extradite him for years. I saw an interview with him on tv, he was really sticking it to the DEA.
    He has a big office/retail shop in Vancouver where they sell different types of pot, marijuana brownies etc, and, of course, seeds.
    It is like going to a nursery in America and buying marigold seeds, this guy has dozens of different strains of pot seeds for sale.
    This guy sits down with his staff about 4 times a day and they smoke some of his high-octane sinsemilla from a big old bong, they showed them doing it on tv. He is a multi-millionaire and he is stoned 24 hours a day.
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    allen griggs said;

"The ditch weed that grows in Iowa has no THC.
    We went up there for the big balloon festival, we were picking 8 foot plants that were beautiful.
    Dried it, smoked it, got nothing but a headache.

On the other hand, very potent seed types are readily available on the internet, from Holland and British Columbia. google 'em up, you won't believe it.

So if a home grower can figure out how to get his hands on these high octane seeds, without the FBI following the mailman to his house, he can grow the best in the world."

Another way of thinking about it is;

If someone could pollute the drug industry's high octane pot plants with Iowa ditch weed then we could get some revenge on the liberial over taxing freedom killing pot smokers.
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Dont they have legal pot shops in Amsterdam that sales all types of weed, much like our coffee shops?

They do, I went to the bulldog on a delayed flight from schipool to praque. Interesting time. Killed the jet lag.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    End the prohibition! By any means nescessary! They are killing people who are merely wanting to "get high". Then they go home and drink a six-pack. This angers me to no end... where's my medicine?[}:)]
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    Depending on the grower, homegrown can be very high test. Cannabis Sativa or Indica is grown for it's THC content along with other chemicals that alter what type of high you have.. A low mellow buzz or energetic happy buzz. There are many variable with the seeds but other factors make major differences.

People who grow prized tomatoes know the game. It's all about lighting, soil and it's PH.

The homegrown varieties are most often done inside and use high power lighting. Some are now using LED to prevent heat signatures on their homes since the county now has FLIR. Indoor lighting can be controlled and modified during the plant's development to force it's energy into developing the buds instead of the leaf.

It really is a science and the stuff they are growing today is extremely potent to the stuff you may have smoked in the 60's.

Mexican weed is known as brick bud. They call it brick because the dont take care of the buds like home growers, they throw it all into a trash compactor to maximize their cargo space when smuggling it across the boarder. Another nick name for it is ditch weed because it is grown outdoors and gets fertilized by a male. It will often have stems and seeds in the compacted product which reduces thc and increases irritating chemicals in the smoke. It doesn't actually come from a ditch. It is very dangerous, supports mexican mafia and can contain defoliant agents. It's also known as working mans weed around here by the construction workers. As the cost is about half of the stuff they get from B.C. Canada which is grown indoors.

The most potent strains of Marijuana are coming in from B.C. and home grown american operations. Seeds give a grower a good start but the chemistry and plant science have a lot to do with the outcome of the product. Outdoor is very rare because growers can't control the outcome of their crop. It is a lot more mellow and often has seeds in it. It is hard to keep a female (smoking) plant from turning into a male (hemp like non smoking) plant since it is a weed and the pollen travels everywhere.

The most common amount purchased is an eight of an ounce. The cost of a ditch weed would be around 20 dollars and the BC or homegrown would cost around 50.

Drink to remember. Smoke to forget. Famous words from a nam vet who gave me some words of wisdom.

I don't smoke it anymore but would like to see it decriminalized. I used it to help get my back into shape and it worked way better than the zombie poop the va wanted to put me on. I was hit by a drunk driver walking across the street to a bar. Fun eh?

Anyway, there is some first hand knowledge of marijuana for you to share with whomever you wish. I'm sure the police on here will appreciate it as well.

Montana is a medical marijuana state, yet it is still federally illegal. Too bad we are a sovereign state.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Can't you just say no!
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    That crap will kill you, I have an uncle with COPD from smoking dope, he can barely breathe. Its pathetic to watch the man I used to work out with in high school die from his own stupidity. Stay away from that crap.
  • Options
    CrittergitterCrittergitter Member Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The black banana is the best banana.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    send me 100 bucks and I will send you some weed seeds.
  • Options
    GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wittynbear
    That crap will kill you, I have an uncle with COPD from smoking dope, he can barely breathe. Its pathetic to watch the man I used to work out with in high school die from his own stupidity. Stay away from that crap.

Make brownies and it won't hurt you at all.[;)]
  • Options
    WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a guy who worked for me long ago, who grew it. He and some friends all carpooled up to Canada and went to a store there I was told it was a "seed bank" bought all different types and came home. apparently they have a pot of the week club where they all get together and trade different strands.

I have noticed most of these guys are much calmer than me. I couldn't try coming across the border with something like that, I'd have a nervous breakdown. They also would drive down the road smoking the stuff. I'd be scared to death I'd be pulled over and locked up.