In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

EU security sucks

storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Just got into the EU a few days ago.

Their security completely sucks. I showed my passport in amsterdam for about one second. I have the old pass with no RIFD. This is the only time I showed my pass in four different countries. All they wanted to see was a boarding pass.

I noticed several areas in the schipol airport that were accesable to anybody who wanted to sneak around and get into "secure" areas for international flights.

Ever since the EU took over the sovereignty of each country signed up, they have become really relaxed on passports and identification.

Ten bucks bets the next terroist activity takes place in the amsterdam airport.

Oh well, I'm dug in well not in eastern slovakia with good security, a nice cz-75 and as much S&B 9mm to last me a lifetime.

Comments

• KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    or maybe they just have more sense than out dept of homeland paranoia...

tell me, how does patting down young blonde girls and old grandmas prevent terror attacks???
    don't drink the DHP koolaid...please!
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    security is one thing, the nazis in the US airports are another.

over here you don't take off your shoes and they don't stare you down.

i agree that they are overboard in the uS, but the security really sucks here. i could have easily forged my pass and gotten in.

they have more invasive search devices but do not use them, like the body scan that turns you naked. havent seen that in the us yet. they also use thermal scanning to detect sick people along with retnal scanning instead of passports.

think they bought into private security contracts a long time ago.

quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    or maybe they just have more sense than out dept of homeland paranoia...

tell me, how does patting down young blonde girls and old grandmas prevent terror attacks???
    don't drink the DHP koolaid...please!
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to see you made it in one piece!

What is it that you're doing over there?

Seems like a long trip for work, unless the money is amazing!
    edited November -1
    And post some pics!

I've never been there.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    And post some pics!

I've never been there.

im on vacation! [;)]

i have my camera and access to computers so i will try to figure out the machines and try to upload them to the bucket.

the food is awesome here. the people are getting fatter since last time. last time there was no eu. they are trying to walmart the whole damn place. pretty sad.

tomorrow i am looking onto the S&B ammo factory, CZ rifle and Glock. I really want to CZECH them out! It would be awesome to get some photos of the factories and share them with you guys.

not this week end but next i will have free time. i plan to meet up with my wife's grandpa and go carp fishing. last time i went with them, we were with norwegian, austrian and slovak police/military. if you didn't catch anything, you could always shoot something exotic. my grouping really freaked them out. this time i will just spray lead and act like one of them! :)

hold up the fort while im here!

id hate to miss something fun.
    edited November -1
    Have fun! Eat plenty! Shoot lots!

And take pictures!