In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My new toy, I had to buy it

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I had never seen one of these but I swear it is cool, milled receiver, same mags as AK light weight with cheek comb and butt pad
I got mine for $800 NIB,
the bolt is more like an sks than an AK, and there is nowhere to ad optics as it sits, hopefully I can find some accessories and a differnet stock set up it would be great with a magpul folder. I will give a range report after I get to shoot it (I got delayed again)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128659534

check this reliability test out too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLV9rd53vw

Comments

• dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    it looks alright, man we miss out on some nice looking guns here these days![:(]
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    that was the only one they had. The owner told me it took 8 months to get it. I asked him, "what if I buy this gun and they are cheap on the internet or have really bad reviews?" he says "don't shoot it and I will refund all your money"

there are only about 10 on GB for sale...it looks like the gun has been made for awhile? Just not imported so much. my understanding is the one I bought is made completely in the USA.
    I started thinking about this, I had a similar rifle in my hands at a gunshow and the first thing I recognized was the milled receiver but it was a 556 cal and I don't remember the brand. the guy wanted 1200 for it.

I did some checking, I should be able to ad whatever accessories except a regular scope because of the top eject. They make folding and or collapsing stocks and fore grips with tacticle rails
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The VZ58 is supposed to be a superior AK47 variant. One drawback is that you have to use their magazines and I suspect they will cost more.