In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fell Into It Again Yesterday.......

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Another really good deal that I didn't realize at first. Yesterday a guy I've known for a few years offered me a Savage Model 24 in .22/20ga for a hundred bucks. It had some surface rust, but was a solid working piece.
Only later did I discover it wasn't .22LR, but .22Mag! I looked on the auction side to see what they are going for and couldn't find any, only the .22LR/20ga at around $300.
I'm up early just to see what happens today! [:D]

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet. Even better a 22 mag.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    22/410s are going for 500 down here..I have a model 240 410/410, same gun only both barrels are shotgun..[:D]
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Just like Al Bundy, you best take good care, with all your good luck lately, the law is not on your side. The law of averages that is.[:D]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    22/410s are going for 500 down here..I have a model 240 410/410, same gun only both barrels are shotgun..[:D]

Actually $500 doesn't seem far from reasonable. When I was in high school they were a popular gun. We routinely bought, sold and traded them for about $20. My average pay was about $20 a week and a lot of people were supporting families on $40/$50 a week, so if you compare average pay back then to average pay now, $500 would be about right. I've seen them at various places on the internet for over $600.

Now you guys have made me want one. Do they still make them?
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Savage is putting one out, but it doesnt look the same.

24f.jpg

as you can see there is daylight between the barrels..

Model 24F-20 Combo Rifle/Shotgun
    Caliber 20 GA, chambered for 3" shells. 22 LR, 22 Hor, .223 Rem; 17 HMR
    Overall Length 40.5"
    Barrel Length 24"
    Weight 8 lbs.
    Stock Black synthetic with positive checkering.
    Sights Adjustable notched rear sight/bead front/B-SquareT mount included.
    Rifling Rate of Twist 22 L.R. (1 in 14")
    22 Hor. (1 in 14")
    223 Rem. (1 in 14")
    17 HMR (1 in 9")
    Features Over/under rifle shotgun combination, top break action, ambidextrious opening lever, two-position cross-bolt safety, scope mount, and swivel studs. 20 GA barrel choked for modified.
    Suggested Retail $660.00
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Neat rifles, good find and price!

...Probably 25 years ago a friend and I were on our way to our deer lease and stopped in Marble Falls (I think) at a Gibsons (early "box" store) to pick up something. He saw an over and under...think it was a Savage...forget the shotgun gauge but the rifle barrel is 30-30! If I remember correctly he paid like $60 something bucks for it, didn't need it but was a perfect jeep gun because of all the Quail on our lease...he still has it, great gun...[^]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    First gun I ever walked into a gun store and bought and paid for by myself. I was all of 12 years old! Paid $100 on a 22 over a 20 gauge. Even at $100 I had to put it on lay-a-way. Still have it. Still use it every squirrel season. Wouldn't sell it for $1000.
  • chiligunguychiligunguy Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats one of my regret guns, regret I sold it. Had a 223/20 with stainless receiver. Sold it when I got sick few years ago.