In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Liberals want to ban Predator drones

hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Human rights activists at odds with President Obama over his recent national security decisions are indicating that they might legally challenge the U.S. military's use of Predator drones, a weapon that intelligence officials say is their single most effective tool in combating Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/29/predator-drones-face-legal-challenges-liberals/?test=latestnews

Comments

• Options
    wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    you have got to be sheeting me! "innocent civilians have no warning"

the warning is you hang out with terrorists your gonna stand a chance of having your a55 blown to bits.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    We've had those drones for years. And now they are starting to complain. That means we are now hurting the bad guys. Could it be that the drones are now being used effectively? What I'm hinting at, is Gates (or whomever) is doing his job correctly at the very top of the decision tree!

Observation: notice Pakistan is now conducting meaningful operations against the terrorist strongholds in their western frontier?

Why now? Why all of a sudden? Started only a few months ago. Why not before, because the bad guys have been there for several years. Makes me wonder. Any input? Thanks, Joe
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well the "innocent" in the area should be lucky we are checking it out and making good tactical choice vs carpet bombing the place [^]
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    That's an unfortunate part of war, people will die and not all of them are the bad guys. Leave war to the Generals and the troops, keep politicians and activists out of it.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Liberal extremists are on a goal-driven mission to systematically destroy this country from within. NOTHING liberals do these days reflects any positive interests in the positive future of the United States. They seek to destroy Freedom and Liberty to conquer and control.

A serious read on these facts is "Rules For Radicals" by Saul Alinsky. Its a playbook detailing how to conquer the conservative right.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Human rights activists are turning their attention to the drone program in part because they say there's no warning to innocent civilians who are in a targeted area.

So when will they start bitching about the Moslem suicide bombers?

Those suits will be dismissed anyway or else we need to scrap the whole Stealth program and scuttle our fleet of SSBN's.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    bleen them lets put them pos mother bleeners in harms way and see just how well they appreceait the predator drones.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Predators have such a nasty reputation as pilotless, uncaring, robot-like killing machines that the libs have to protest their use unless we can figure out how to make them hum Kumbaya.
    We got plenty of Global Hawks and other UAVs anyhow; scrap the Predators and lets use the new stuff!
    An aside: friend tells me there's an even newer version of UAV that carries much more accurate (can you say laser/TV/FLIR-enhanced) ordnance at a much lower cost than the stuff we had as recently as last year.
    There's also a UAV the size of a baseball glove that launches from a slingshot and has almost 24 hours of linger; it's expendable, too.
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Ok, lets play this game, lets get rid of the predator drones, when its my turn to name something that I don't like and want to get rid of I will say liberals.