In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bloodied up old dog - Update, owner found

2»

Comments

• Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    For that, I'll bail you out.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Update, owner found.

Folks, no need to send any money. Animal control found the dogs owner. They had reported him missing yesterday and will pick him up on Monday. Whatever happened to him happened after he got out, and they have told the vet that they will take care of the bill Monday when they come to pick him up.

Kind of makes me sad, I was looking forward to having him around. He was a sweet dog.

They even offer a reward for us taking the dog to the vet. We won't be taking it.

I was kind of looking forward to having the dog around, but I guess it's better he's back home with the people who have loved him all of his life.

I would still like to find whoever did this to him!
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let them know if they cannot keep him penned up you will give him a good home. I can't help but worry that they live next to a devil that might do this sort of thing again.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    A long time ago, I lived in Lewisville. This was a much less enlightened phase of my life, and I did not have my dog neutered as I should have. He would get out from time to time, whenever he smelled something enticing.

He got shot once on one of his forays, probably with a .22. The bullet hit him high on the side, just aft of the shoulder. It went under the skin and out the other side, doing no damage to muscle or bone.

I quit leaving him alone in the yard after that.

I am glad the owner surfaced.

Question: Can the owner afford the vet bill?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess, but Sandy's going over there in the morning for two reasons, one, she wants to see the people and make sure in her mind that they didn't hurt the dog, and two, she will pay the bill if thwey come up short.

According to the vet, who talked to the people, they were in tears on the phone because they feared the dog was dead, and their children had been crying since yesterday.

Evidently, AC had identified them early this afternoon, but I just found out when the vet called tonight.
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    A book I read when I was a kid, "Big Red," was about an Irish Setter. I think there was a movie made of it.

That was a good one. By Jim Kjelgaard.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too late--the check's in the mail. Use it to help pay the vet bill or whatever you think is right.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny, I had already set up a check to be mailed out in the morning from the bank....
    Before getting half way down the thread.

I'd prefer NOT to cancel it...

So when it comes in... And you decide that it's not needed...
    You can shred it and just let me know you did via eMail.

Otherwise... Just be sure that when Sandy goes to check out the owners... well, you know...

You are a good man. [;)]
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    yeah dun - don't be a dick.

I know its hard,...... but try.
  • Options
    timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    might be too late from here as well, if ya get something, buy yourself a beer or take the lady out for lunch.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Folks, I can return any checks that arrive. We arengood on this end, and if we need to help on the bill or pay the whole thing, God has provided for it.

You folks are the salt of the earth, thank you for being who you are, but we are good on this end. I will be sure you get your money back.[;)]
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it possible the dog was beat up by another dog or two?
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BTT

Keep us updated please.
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    God bless you and your wife for caring . It makes me feel good to know there are still people who care for our domestic pets.
  • Options
    wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you find someone done this let me know ill help bail you out or if you need help ill drive there not a problem either way. i hat anyone that would beat a dog like that worse than a theif, and hate a theifs.