In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Red Barron Video

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
When i was in the Air Force i was in charge of 3rd shift Lima flight at Williams AFB and we launched 5 planes around 6:25am. Flights were about a hour and a half with take off and taxi.

About 11 oclock i was sleeping and a mp was beating on the door. I woke up and put on a pair of shorts and anwensered the door. He told me i needed to go with him now.

Im like uniform or now he told me to put a shirt on and lets go. I walked in flight ops there is the wing commander and all of my bosses.

We had a plane missing. They wanted to know everything about the preflight was he early or late. Was he in a good mood or bad. What he said what his body language was. Anything i could think off.

They called all the airports big enough to land the plane and within gas range.

They wanted to know the records of the plane. What diagonal red marks were marked down on the plane.

Around 4pm they found the plane on the side of a mountain. He was flying ground level and everyone in front of and behind him turned around because the weather was to bad to see without instruments.

He was more confident than his talent.[:(]

Comments

• Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

And I thought this post was gonna be bout PIZZA ????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dav- 1997, Air Force had an A-10 pilot that for reasons still unknown, flew away from a training flight with an armed A-10, and several hundred miles later, whacked a mountain in Colorado. They never found the 4 Mk 82 bombs that were aboard.