In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Nephew The Marine

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
He is home on leave and he was telling me how bad Afghanistan is now. He said its as bad now as it was in the begining. Everyday he says they are having a ceremony where he is at sending home dead soldiers. Hope he gets hame safe and dont have to go back again. I think he is at Camp Leatherneck.

Comments

• Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He joined in the early 90s i cant remember exactly when. He has been in every conflict since then. He joined as an E-1. He is now a Major and has 2 kids ages 9 and 5. He has been to Iraq and Afghanistan 5 or 6 times.

He does not mind going except for what it does to the kids. The older they get the harder it is on them.

He has orders stateside now. Hope it stays that way for a while.
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    Please thank your nephew for his service for me. God Bless him and all like him. Hope all works out for him.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must be very proud of him!

My son inlaw is in the Army and is now stationed with my daughter in Vincenzo (sp) Italy for three years. After three trips to Afganistan/Iraq. We are proud of his service but glad he is in a less violent area for awhile.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oldnbald Posted - 08/30/2013 : 2:48:29 PM
    Please thank your nephew for his service for me. God Bless him and all like him. Hope all works out for him.

I could not of said it any better, I have a deep respect for our men and women in Uniform. It them who makes our Nation the No. 1 Superpower.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldnbald
    Yes please thank him for all of us.