In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

For all the single guys on the forum...

calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
women_in_combat_c130_yoest_gatling.png

My wife won't let me have a girlfriend, but she didn't say anything about a MISTRESS!

Comments

• thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My marine buddies used to call this an 'air matress'.
    The marine chicks were either insanely hot or extremely butch like.
    Navy girls are ok but they usually get the Navy Issued *.
    Army females are a mixed bag.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's pretty but she looks fairly square jawed to me, might kick a few arses
    quote:Originally posted by thesupermonkey
    My marine buddies used to call this an 'air matress'.
    The marine chicks were either insanely hot or extremely butch like.
    Navy girls are ok but they usually get the Navy Issued *.
    Army females are a mixed bag.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    She would do in a crisis ... and I'm ALWAYS in a CRISIS!![8D]
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    She needs to call me. I think she likes BIG guns[:0]
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    She needs to call me. I think she likes BIG guns[:0]

I guess you like ..... Big 'Uns ???

(from Al Bundy)

[:D]

I know I do.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to be distracting, but that's an MH53 helicopter gunship - not an AC130.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    is a c-130 flying by at 120 knots really that effective at "crowd conrol" even with a mini gun it would seem like you would just be wasting ammo ...how many of those guns are on the plane? I would think those mini guns and rockets on the helicopters would be better for maintining a skirmish line. or an A10 with rocket pods.
    Did you notice they pipe the spent brass overboard? that sucks!!
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Is it sick if you would rather have the mini gun more then the girl? If so I must be one real sick.[:D]
  • 1fisher1fisher Member Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scott-
    The AC-130 has 2 miniguns, 2 25mm cannons, and 2 40mm cannons all pointing out of the left-hand side of the airplane. So the plane just circles the target (left hand turn) and all the guns can fire into a small area.
    I saw an interview on TV where a pilot says that a one or two second burst will put at least one shell in every square foot of a football field sized target.
  • jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, she looks photo shopped in. Look at the sunlight on the rivets on the aircraft and on the gun. She would not be able to be that clearly lit unless it was a photo shop job.

Anybody googled her name yet?
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The AC-130 Spectre Gunship

Camp Pendelton at Las Pulgas all the big ranges are right across the road from the barracks. But on the side away from where my room was. Heard that thing fire off. Ran to the other sideto see what was going on. They only made one pass.[:(] And I missed it.

As far a piping the brass out. At the rate that thing fires you would have one hell of mess and possible damage to the Aircraft.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeffb1911
    Actually, she looks photo shopped in. Look at the sunlight on the rivets on the aircraft and on the gun. She would not be able to be that clearly lit unless it was a photo shop job.

Anybody googled her name yet?

"-- First female Aerial Gunner (2003), Airman 1st Class Vanessa Dobos "
    http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123016843
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by screwobama
    Is it sick if you would rather have the mini gun more then the girl? If so I must be one real sick.[:D]

+1[;)]
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    is a c-130 flying by at 120 knots really that effective at "crowd conrol" even with a mini gunAC130 haven't used Miniguns since the Vietnam days. They fly way too high for a 7.62 to be effective due to keyholing. 20mm is now the smallest caliber weapon on board.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    quote:I saw an interview on TV where a pilot says that a one or two second burst will put at least one shell in every square foot of a football field sized target.

Well with 6000 shots per minute, i.e. 100 shots per second...

A two second burst would give 200 fired shots.

A standard football field is what.... 360 feet by 160 feet... 57.600 sq.feet.

In short, you'd need more like 576 seconds - or 9 minutes 36 seconds to put one shot into every square foot of a football field with one of those.!
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HappyNanoq
    quote:I saw an interview on TV where a pilot says that a one or two second burst will put at least one shell in every square foot of a football field sized target.

Well with 6000 shots per minute, i.e. 100 shots per second...

A two second burst would give 200 fired shots.

A standard football field is what.... 360 feet by 160 feet... 57.600 sq.feet.

In short, you'd need more like 576 seconds - or 9 minutes 36 seconds to put one shot into every square foot of a football field with one of those.!

Lets just say they were using the Mini Guns. They would be firing 4 of them at the same time for a total of 12,000 RPM Still not one or 2 sec.

just looked it up the 20mm is X 2 for 12,000 rpm also.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Looks like the gunner window of an HH60 Pavehawk to me, not the 53. Definately not a AC 130.

Still, a chief/gunner like that would be easy on the eyes (but hard on a marriage if you were deployed with 'em)

53 gunner's window below... sliding window on the HH60 gave it away.

get_thumbs_on_flyphp.jpg
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never worked with Spectre, but did with the ancestor- Spooky. Lovely- just freakin' lovely!

BTW, think the current AC-130 also mounts a 105 howitzer- and all armament has a rather precise fire control system.

Video for ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpyFMEKQyrk
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Daddy of Spectre- Spooky (known to grunts as PUFF)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73SciCMf9Rw&feature=related

They were replaced about 1969 by the AC-119, the "Flying Boxcar" in gunship config.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Isn't that pic outta the Blue Press by Dillon Aero? The letters he got about her were a little more realistic and portrayed her as THE gunner everyone wanted flying cover.
    Puff had shovels in the fuselage to move LARGE quantities of spent brass around, .50BMG,155, and 25mm from the Bushmasters; I saw the Air Force move a "squad" of 6 of these aircraft from Ft. Bliss. across White Sands, and into the Melrose Bombing Range one day, and got to follow them across the Organ Mts. N. of Las Cruces, across the Orogrande, 3 rivers, then Oscuro Bombing Ranges on the way to Melrose.
    They looked kinda funny, with those big tubes sticking out the side of the plane.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would have to say a few of you just failed the g@y test [:)]
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    wonder if the wife would let me have that for a late b-day present. I'd let her join in also.
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    aahhhh.........maybe if ya play football in Canada, or any other 3rd world country there Happy