In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AK Mags from AIM

jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
The "new" 30 round South Korean mags were only 9.95 a peice for the 30 round steel mag. The only problem is that they only fit 29 of the Russian steel rounds. Perhaps the S. Koreans used brass 7.62x39? So if you buy one it might only fit 29. I was kind of disappointed because you will have a few spare rounds after loading a few mags from the boxes.

Comments

• fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    should never load a mag to full cap.anyway
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alittle hint for AK fans, load 2 or three tracers first and then ball when loading mags, when you spark the first or second tracer just go ahead and switch mags and you dont have take time to recharge after each mag..
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    Alittle hint for AK fans, load 2 or three tracers first and then ball when loading mags, when you spark the first or second tracer just go ahead and switch mags and you dont have take time to recharge after each mag..

Good way to get banned from your local range.[:o)]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    range? range! I doan need no stinkin range.[:)]

If you have a 5.56 AK you have it made because you can buy the cheap American eagle tracer ammo.

7.62x39mm tracers are expensive and hard to find... I wouldnt noramlly waste them during practice.
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick.....thx, never thought about that before. Since these rounds are banned indoors, do you know of any other type round that might serve the same purpose? thx again