In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Maybe Seceding ain't so Bad

joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Just thinking and thought you know trade agreements would be Noll and Void, if a state or a group of states joined together and seceded. it would restart the buy here thing in full force. i think things could and would be cheaper if this was to happen after all Big Gov ain't around and well taxes won't be there. And since the State has to provide then its more important to start its economy so they can operate. the one thing i would worry about is the Money exchange rate that would take place. not sure which way that could go.

Comments

• footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Joker .The money exchange rate is about the same in some ways as a hundred and thirty years. In 1873 a new COLT PEACEMAKER cost $20 in gold. A new Colt today costs about an oz of gold or app $1100
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am reading a great book right now about early america and hamilton, jefferson, burr and others. during that time ( 1790-1815) many states talked about leaving the union. it was not the treasonous act that it is made out to be today. in fact, belonging to the union was a priviledge and NOT A REQUIREMENT.
    the federal government has brainwashed people today to believe that states HAVE A DUTY to belong to the union. they DONT. this is government of the CONSENTING, not forced.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    interesting comment...need to review definitions of consenting & forced in light of current policy
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Us Californians would be screwed if we seceded. The shred of Constitution that is followed is the only thing left that keeps this state from going completely bass ackwards.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by callcameron
    Us Californians would be screwed if we seceded. The shred of Constitution that is followed is the only thing left that keeps this state from going completely bass ackwards.

whats remaining of our constitution is the only thing that isn't "LEFT" in California[xx(]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    interesting comment...need to review definitions of consenting & forced in light of current policy
    Current policy as evolved from the original destruction of states' rights by the government in 1865.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again...
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah California........you may be the only state where the Federal Gov't might just be happy if you did ;-) Geithner to O...... "I think it would make sense fiscally, and besides, I never did like that Schwartzenaager guy from the get-go. I just Know that the accent is fake.