In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What would you do?

13»

Comments

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad worked as a traveling sales man for a aluminum foil company back in the 70's - 80's. He had a fender bender with a guy that went nuts and scared my dad enough to go buy his 1st gun, a Colt Series 70 Govt. He soon after bought a 12 ga pump shotgun.

He carried the Colt in the car with him from then on.

He also picked up the habit of making the other guy think he was either crazy or retarded and would frequently screw up his face to look retarded when someone would tailgate him or pull up next to him to give him the evil stare. Seemed to work pretty well.
    [:D]
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hrbie
    Had a similar situation. About 5 in the evening me and dad were driving home from my little brothers ball game in a nearby town. Backroads to get home as it is quicker. Car was driving very slow, dad tried to pass, they sped up, dad pulled back behind and waited. Tride to pass again they did the same thing. This went on 5 or 6 times. There were two males in the car, 20-25 i would guess. Just lauhing it up. We finally got around and stopped in the middle of the road, dad had a 3/4 drive socket and i had the tire iron. No police were called but im sure a local body shops got a few calls the next day. Being on the road with stupid/crazy people is a scary thing. Dont hesiate to protect your wife and yourself. Just my thoughts.

Did it not crack you up against the side of your skull, your story might,,just might have some reality to everyday life?....

Why did you have to get around him???

Was it because he was bigger that you? Did you sense some protecting from that 3/4 inch socket of yours? I bet it was made or maid in tawain , nope tywan, or tie one one.

YOu un American could care less about tools you.

That socket did it say made in the USA? If not don't @itch no more. Your rights have now been taken away.

I'm gettin rough in voice.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by penetraitor
    quote:Originally posted by hrbie
    Had a similar situation. About 5 in the evening me and dad were driving home from my little brothers ball game in a nearby town. Backroads to get home as it is quicker. Car was driving very slow, dad tried to pass, they sped up, dad pulled back behind and waited. Tride to pass again they did the same thing. This went on 5 or 6 times. There were two males in the car, 20-25 i would guess. Just lauhing it up. We finally got around and stopped in the middle of the road, dad had a 3/4 drive socket and i had the tire iron. No police were called but im sure a local body shops got a few calls the next day. Being on the road with stupid/crazy people is a scary thing. Dont hesiate to protect your wife and yourself. Just my thoughts.

Did it not crack you up against the side of your skull, your story might,,just might have some reality to everyday life?....

Why did you have to get around him???

Was it because he was bigger that you? Did you sense some protecting from that 3/4 inch socket of yours? I bet it was made or maid in tawain , nope tywan, or tie one one.

YOu un American could care less about tools you.

That socket did it say made in the USA? If not don't @itch no more. Your rights have now been taken away.

I'm gettin rough in voice.

Huh?
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to say that thread took a strange turn at the end. Wow![?]

AT
  • Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a Glock .40 with a couple of 15 round mags with me at all times. I would have called 911 to cover my a@#, and then dealt with the threat accordingly. If they choose to leave me alone, that would be great. If they chose to further threaten my wife and I to the point of cornering us, I would take appropriate actions.
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    I would pull the cable I have rigged up inside the cab of my truck to drop the hay spear down and hit the brakes hard and fast.
    The hay spear would go all the way through the radiator, fan, and possibly into the engine block.
    I would then accelerate and swerve into the side of the other vehicle, pushing it over the edge of the cliff.
    I would then back up, get out w/ my 870, and with very loud laughter- finish off the survivors.
    The roads would then be a little safer.

Not really.
    [:D]
    I am joking.
  • hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My thoughts exactly drobs.
  • SuwanneePirateSuwanneePirate Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perps are known to rear end vehicles to stage an accident to get you out of your car so they can trade off a known/wanted car for a "clean" one. Usually they will dump your body off road to give their new ride a longer life span . Its best to avoid these instances if at all possable ,if not as soon as you know their intent is to harm, kill them without trying to reason or threaten them with your weapon ,just do it.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was going home from work late. Had a Pickup in front of me and one behind me. I was on my Katana 750. Guy in front would slow up to 25 in a 45 there was no passing in this area. Guy in Back would see how close he could get. Got to the point I had to pass, guy in front sped up so I could not. Then slammed the brakes on, he would also swerve over to block my pass.

Finally nailed and hard he did not have time to react and I got in front of them and kept right on going. But at 120 MPH they were still behind me. At 145 I was finally pulling away.

That night I would have taken a ticket for speeding. Kept up the speed till I had some distance. Was able to make my turn off the main road without them seeing which road I used.

Sure wish I was armed that night.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by azpowerwagon
    Don't take this the wrong way ok. You should already have your mind made up as to what to do in such a situation before it presents itself. In the time it takes you to decide you may already be a victim. Response should be more of a natural reaction borne of training and mental preparation ahead of time. Just an opinion.
    Be careful out there. quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Not sure what I would do in that situation and hope I never have to decide either.

Hey look it's Jason Bourne!
  • HavegunJoeHavegunJoe Member Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First I am always armed and this is one of the reasons why. I would not have stopped I would have kept on moving which makes you a harder target and harder to get the drop on. I would have moved my gun to my hand out of its holster so it is ready in case it is needed. If the gun isn't in your hand when the crap starts it probably won't get there in time. They probably were kids, but you never know. Thank God the cops were there so quick to help you out. Oh wait, that's right, they never showed. Imagine that!
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fly Doctor
    quote:Originally posted by elubsme
    Like Hotshoots truckgun, I have a lunch bucket gun, Dan Wesson .357 with 36 rounds. I am a logger and get into some pretty remote places.Plus, a lot of people don't like loggers. I am lucky enough to have a California CCW so it is all legal. We all need to remember Lubys restaurant. The lady left her CCW in her car. She could have ended it. I carry in Church. Eddie

Like you, I've got a CA CCW for the same reasons and always carry hereabouts. I work in remote areas in Trinity Co., where a lot of pot growin' illegals get itchy trigger fingers if you stumble across their boss'/captors' farms. Ran into 8-12 of 'em this evenin' gettin' grub at the local Mom & Pop store. Pretty bold. They swear they're here picking mushrooms... yeeeaaahhh, right. Guess they didn't get word that three of their buddies are in the locker after gettin' corralled by the sheriff this past weekend.

I bought a pop and a sack of tortillas, throwin' it on the counter and sayin' to the guy I know behind the register, "When in Rome..." He laughed so hard he nearly pissed his pants. Saw these short little shats (must be from a Mexican hobbit village) eyein' my Willys wagon out front. Good thing for the heeler in the passenger seat.

Where you loggin', Eddie. They've sure shut down everything around these parts, along with the mill at Hayfork some years back. Damned eco-terrorists. The mill in Weaverville gets loads from out of county.
    Fly Doctor, check Email, Eddie
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to keep a S&W 66 in the truck and one in the car all the time, but after those two Mexicans broke into my car and didn't take anything but some cigarettes and a Bic lighter I took them out. I've been thinking about getting a junker to leave in the truck.

I'm never more than arm's length from a firearm, but it's usually just an S&W 60-9 .357 five shooter. There are a few things you can do to evade and defend when you are unarmed, but I like the armed scenarios better.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    i killed an olds once with three punks in it, 20ga slug, they made it about a mile. thier mom was pissed, guess they shouldnt have followed me home.