In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BDM Drums $50

NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I have been wanting to get a BDM 50rd drum for a while now but was not high on the list. Well today was the day to get 2. One for the AR and one for the 10/22.

Here is the link, http://www.JoeBobOutfitters.com/category_s/51.htm

They are selling them for $59 vs the MSRP of $80. Then they have 15% off orders with their code, read the home page. Free shipping on orders over $90. Brings the total of $100.22 SHIPPED for 2 drums.

I did get an email after placing my order that they are out of stock till 6-2, but I can easily live with that.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    For the night crowd.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet! Do you have any experience with these?

Just curious, I tried a Promag 50 round drum for the 10/22 and the results were VERY disappointing. These Black Dog mags have me interested though.

Jon
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    they work pretty good, but theres some that have replaceable top(FEED LIPS). cant remember the brand now tho...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have no experience with this mag, but I do have a couple dozen 27rd BDM's for my AR. I have had great luck with them. Nice thing is even IF you you problems with them Blackdog is a stand up company that will bend over backward to make a guy happy. So between the price and the company I dont feel like I am taking any risk. Reviews I have seen on them have been good unlike the Promag.

These do have an interchangeable tower to fit a few different guns. The conversions look to be about $25 so at the current price for 2 of them shipped it made more sense to just buy the 2 I want and not swap towers.
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    looking at the one in my hand, you open the drum to change, i believe. yea, good price, i was thinking it was bolted like Ti25 mags. had to dig one out to look.