In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Back from the Caribbean

KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Had a great time. Wasn't very hot. Beachs were very nice and romatic for my wife and I, but we didn't get to break any in.[:(] I'll post a few pictures once my computer gets fixed in the next couple days. The house we were staying in was built on a cliff over looking the ocean. Amazing view. The driving there was nuts. We rode in the back of a pickup the whole time and were zipping up and down hills like insane persons.

Comments

• xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk
    Had a great time. Wasn't very hot. Beachs were very nice and romatic for my wife and I, but we didn't get to break any in.[:(] I'll post a few pictures once my computer gets fixed in the next couple days. The house we were staying in was built on a cliff over looking the ocean. Amazing view. The driving there was nuts. We rode in the back of a pickup the whole time and were zipping up and down hills like insane persons.
    where did you go? we go at the end of sept...(carnival)
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Glad you're back to lend some rational thought to this bunch of whing-dings.

Doug
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xxx97
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk
    where did you go? we go at the end of sept...(carnival)

We went to ST. Thomas. My wifes best friends family came from the island and still owns a good piece of it. Can hardly wait to upload the pictures and see how they turned out once they are bigger on the computer.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have been there several times. Glad you enjoyed it. Banana daiquiris on Mountain Top and lazy days at the beach in Magens Bay.
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swampwalker
    We have been there several times. Glad you enjoyed it. Banana daiquiris on Mountain Top and lazy days at the beach in Magens Bay.

Mountain top just burned down the day before we left. I never got to visit it. Magens bay was beautifull and nice. We spent alot of time at Hulls (sp?) bay at the bar right there since their family is locals. We also went over to ST. Johns to the old sugar mills and Trunk bay. I loved Trunk bay. Honestly we hit every side of the island and also visited the island the family owns.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: Mountain top just burned down the day before we left.
    That's bad news. It was quite the tourist spot for cruise ship passengers and a source of income for quite a few people. My wife will be bummed. She goes there on business a couple times a year and always has her banana daiquiris.