In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hot weather violence

jnphiljnphil Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
9 people shot in Chicago today BEFORE the sun went down. Looking for more tonight because it was hot today

How's that gun control working...[V]

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be Predator.

Hot weather, conflict, think about it.
  • Options
    HavegunJoeHavegunJoe Member Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smaller magazine capacity and background checks should take care of this problem. [:D]
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I was told, in all seriousness, by some gungrabbers at the MN state capital the reason Chicago had 25% of all the gun deaths last year was because the surrounding areas didn't have the same laws as in the city.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its actually because Chicago is occupied by large amounts of sub-humans who don't give a rats * about gun laws or other people.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another day in the hood

Government plan is working just fine, with the record breaking gun sales since 08, logic dictates there are more guns to steal, hence more guns to rape , rob and murder with in the hood , statistics will rise, libs can say I told you so
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    I was told, in all seriousness, by some gungrabbers at the MN state capital the reason Chicago had 25% of all the gun deaths last year was because the surrounding areas didn't have the same laws as in the city.

In a way, they're right, but in the negative. If Chicago had reasonable, or, you know, Constitutional gun laws allowing citizens access to affordable, reliable means of self defense, then we would see a precipitous drop in violent crime.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But I still vote Predator.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure if anyone knows this or not, in Chicago, a law abiding citizen with a F.O.I.D.(Firearm Owners Identification) card can own only ONE gun, to be kept inside the house to be used for self defense, that gun CANNOT leave the house, and CANNOT be used anywhere on the property, not even in your own garage!

How's that for a B.S. law, thank you Mayor Daley!
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't understand it...70% of the households in Wyoming own at least one gun, yet we have very few illegal shootings here in this state. I think what we need to get our stats up on par with Chicago is an influx of gang bangers, dope heads and scumbags.[:0][xx(]
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on the Predator. We need to send in Arnold and Danny.

droughtisover3.jpg
    RLTW

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2nd the notion.

quote:But I still vote Predator.
  • Options
    SwanKongSwanKong Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.
    2nd the notion.

quote:But I still vote Predator.

"Dis' ting dats killin' your peopelle and myne, es from de uddur syde!!!"-King Willie
  • Options
    jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1

I hear the same argument in NY. That the criminals get their guns from the surrounding states with less restrictive guns laws. My response is that if it were true then why don't the states with lax gun laws have such a high crime rate? I then point out that heroin is banned in every state yet is still readily available on the street.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jev1969

I hear the same argument in NY. That the criminals get their guns from the surrounding states with less restrictive guns laws. My response is that if it were true then why don't the states with lax gun laws have such a high crime rate? I then point out that heroin is banned in every state yet is still readily available on the street.

+1
    By their line of thought, Kansas' population should be shrinking due to attrition.
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    Its actually because Chicago is occupied by large amounts of sub-humans who don't give a rats * about gun laws or other people.
    BINGO!