In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Smith & Wesson 22A-1

wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Have any of y'all been shooting this little piece? I got a look at one today, handled it but the store where I saw it doesn't allow "test runs" so I'm wondering if anybody has a "review" they'd like to share?
Thanx in advance for sharing!

Comments

• Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    This just came up the other day here on GunBroker.

I just shot one for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed. Good trigger for the money and excellent sights for my poor old eyes. It's not a thousand-dollar High Standard, obviously. But for the money, I'd put it up against my beloved Ruger MKII.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got one about 2 weeks ago so far I like it only about 150 rds sofar
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    Thanx guys
    For $219 (local purchase) it seemed like a decent little gun, Think I'm gonna buy one.
    Any idea what a spare mag or two is gonna cost? There aren't any on the auction side, yet.
  • rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mags are hit and miss on catching them on the auction side. CDNN has them. I had heard they had some problems feeding. Mine did at first, but now feeds flawlessly. Maybe a brief break in. My much higher dollar Para Ordnance was the same way. Mine is very accurate.
    I like it.
  • chiligunguychiligunguy Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a 622 and really enjoy it. I think they use the same mag if that helps. Better check on me to be sure! I think the two,22a and the 622 are really close. Have had ours for years and no problems, I cant even begin to tell you how many rd thru ours.
  • Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had a 22A for a couple of years now. Love it. Feels good in my hand and is very accurate (well more accurate than I am!) Easy to take down with the push button. I must have over 10,000 rounds through it with no fuss. I tend to shoot the cheep stuff so ocasionaly have a failure to fire but when I pull the round apart most of the time there is no primer. Great gun for the money.
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    stores that dont do test runs dont ever get my business.