In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1910 SAVAGE 1899K LEVER ACTION FS shameless plug

CaptainCrossmanCaptainCrossman Member Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=373846682

original 1899-K (not a model 99) made in 1910, serial number 99xxx, solid frame gun, was a 30-30, rebarreled to 300 Savage with a later 99 barrel w/Chicopee Falls barrel address. "K" stamped on front receiver, matching buttstock. Rear tang sight plugs still in place. Straight grip, no pistol grip, no checkering.

at first glance this rifle appeared to be an 1899-H lightweight rifle, but the letter sure looks like a "K" to me, and the buttstock is not hollowed out extensively like the H lightweight rifles are. Any info as to exactly what this may be is welcome.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,978 ******
    edited November -1
    that's a realy nice $300 rifle
    "the last time someone said that to me about a Savage 99 TD 300 I had, it sold for $750 BIN the next day.'............maybe so, but it wasn't a pieced together 'shooter' [;)]
  • Options
    CaptainCrossmanCaptainCrossman Member Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the last time someone said that to me about a Savage 99 TD 300 I had, it sold for $750 BIN the next day.
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, its been re-barreled, stocks refinished, the metal looks kind of beat, front site beat the hell, not worth (to me) $650, good luck with it.