In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FATHER GETS 100 YRS FOR POISONING KIDS' SOUP

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
A Georgia man was sentenced to 100 years in prison for poisoning his two children to extort money from Campbell Soup Co.

William Cunningham was sentenced Thursday after a jury found him guilty of five counts of cruelty to children and two counts of aggravated assault, said Kellie Perry, a clerk at the Clayton County Superior Court.

The girl and boy, then 18 months old and 3 years old, were hospitalized after Cunningham fed them soup tainted with prescription drugs and lighter fluid.

On one occasion, authorities said he used the prescription drugs Prozac and Amitriptyline _ both used to treat depression _ to poison the children.

Cunningham was arrested in March 2006. According to prosecutors, the former dump truck driver called Campbell in January 2006 and threatened to sue the company because its soup was contaminated. He pleaded guilty in 2007 to a federal charge of making false claims against the company.

Authorities said there was no evidence the soup was tainted when it was purchased. A family member said the children may suffer lifelong respiratory problems after swallowing the poisoned soup.

The children's mother, Rhonda Cunningham, filed for divorce during the case.

(This version CORRECTS that Cunningham was found guilty of five counts of cruelty to children and two counts of aggravated assault.)

Comments

• hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    what the F'N Hell is wrong with people. How can someone do that to there kids. I would kill someone if they tried that with any of mine.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I facilitate a group for young fathers (up to age 25).

There are times I just want to take a week's worth of headlines like this and say "Don't do this."

Maybe I will.

Maybe I can just open our sessions with "Today's Bad Example."
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How sick can you get? Poison your own children just in hopes of getting a few bucks from Campbell's soup. I wonder just how long this poor excuse for a human being spent formulating that master plan? I hope that the prison guards let all of the other inmates know exactly why this guy is locked up. I'll bet he gets a nice little surprise from his cell mates come Fathers Day.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a pic of the basturd:

e2b3b9f9-e364-4155-9ccb-039ca3bd027f_mn.jpg

Too bad his pic doesn't look like this; it should:

coffin.jpg
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    I facilitate a group for young fathers (up to age 25).

There are times I just want to take a week's worth of headlines like this and say "Don't do this."

Maybe I will.

Maybe I can just open our sessions with "Today's Bad Example."

I was 23 when my wife became pregnent with are first kid. Ya it wasnt easy but we made it with out ever puting are kid in harms way. Now i'm 31 and have two boys and from then till now my main consern is making sure they never get hurt. ( occasional black eye from boys being boys or bruses again from boys being boys set aside here. you cant help everything)
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a 100 years?....why dont we just save ourselves the cash and just spend the 33 cents?
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHY are "LIFE SENTENCES" even an option? Only costs the tax-payer untold MIllions in keeping the scumbag alive. IMO - Spend the .50 cents aqnd remove the scumbag from the Gene pool. In this case, I will provide the bullet, delivery system and manpower to finish it.

Our country has developed into a buncha freakin' wussies.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote: Poison your own children just in hopes of getting a few bucks from Campbell's soup.

Yep! its become the American way, GREED, get money anywhay you can and it doesnt matter who gets hurt..The end justifies the means. People cant wait to SUE, SUE, SUE even when there is a car accident and a child or relative dies, SUE SUE SUE, grab all the money you can. Shoot somone and guess what, SUE SUE SUE, the gun company and the store selling the gun,, Yesser,, GREED is what is driving this country down the toilet...Look at the greed from the people in the government and big business, Bankrupted this country and guess who got hurt..
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    rope

tree

ladder

'bye
  • Nurse DebbieNurse Debbie Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    quote: Poison your own children just in hopes of getting a few bucks from Campbell's soup.

Yep! its become the American way, GREED, get money anywhay you can and it doesnt matter who gets hurt..The end justifies the means. People cant wait to SUE, SUE, SUE even when there is a car accident and a child or relative dies, SUE SUE SUE, grab all the money you can. Shoot somone and guess what, SUE SUE SUE, the gun company and the store selling the gun,, Yesser,, GREED is what is driving this country down the toilet...Look at the greed from the people in the government and big business, Bankrupted this country and guess who got hurt..

Careful, someone will sue you for telling the truth.[:X]
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A noose made of razor wire,stand him on a bed of hot coals.
  • mechman460mechman460 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the movie the sixth sense. Sorry dead beat.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Yes the guy is a big ole p.o.s., but doesn't anyone else see a bigger problem with all the stories in the media lately about parents harming their children? It seems that in this country we have even countered the basic instinct to protect our own. Very sad when a child does not even have safety in their own home [V] . There was a case not long ago about a father who ate one of his 3 year olds eyes, and mutilated the other one. Disgusting, and prison should not even be an option