In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

On Tape: Man in wheelchair attacked

thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
He knew they were coming to get him. But even though Celedono Carrera could not run away, he was determined to fight back. Fight he did.

The Miami-Dade Police Department is asking for the public's help in finding the two teenagers who beat and robbed the 66-year-old wheelchair bound Florida man.

The crime, which occurred Friday, May 8, and in broad daylight, was captured on security tape. The video, which runs less than a minute, shows Carrera in a motorized wheelchair being pursued by the first of his attackers, who police say is 17-years-old.

The teenager quickly catches up to Carrera and reaches for his necklace. Carrera struggles with the young man. But he is no match for the robber, who violently pulls him off the wheelchair and throws him on the ground. The suspect then repeatedly strikes Carrera. After repeated attempts, he steals Carrera's wallet.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/category/crime-punishment/

Show of hands, how many people would have liked to have been there?

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    I saw this on the news last night. Too bad he wasn't packin'.[:(] Somebody neglected to whip them boys arses when they were small.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Friggin animals...they both need their heads busted in. But even if they are caught, they will be out before the paperwork is done to rob and prey on victims again.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1quote:Originally posted by Chris8161
    Friggin animals...they both need their heads busted in. But even if they are caught, they will be out before the paperwork is done to rob and prey on victims again.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    We had a similiar incident at a biker rally once. Local kid (early 20's) broke his neck diving in shallow water. Wheel chair bound for rest of his life.
    He liked to party, so some biker he knew started bringing him to the bike rallies.
    Only thing was, when he got drunk, he got mouthy.
    He got into it (verbally) w/some biker who at 1st tried to avoid him. But he kept following and catching up to him and mouthing more. Eventually this biker had his fill and cold cocked him. Right there in his chair. Started one of the biggest brawls I've ever seen.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad it didn't end different like two dead crooks and one unfortunate fellow who had to shoot two creeps.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • rugeruserrugeruser Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    I saw this on the news last night. Too bad he wasn't packin'.[:(] Somebody neglected to whip them boys arses when they were small.

Ill bet he fixes that packin prob real quick.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    and some people I know have the audacity to ask me why I feel I need to carry a gun!
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why didn't anybody come to his aid with all those people around. That was just as bad as those animals.
  • jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a parapligic, wheelchair bound for the rest of my life, I always carry and if I was in that situation there would be 2 dead street punks.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by War Pig Actual
    Why didn't anybody come to his aid with all those people around. That was just as bad as those animals.
    Not saying they shouldn't have helped him, but a man should not be forced into a situation where others need to come to his aid. Never forget to be prepared