In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CITIZENS arrest 27 illegal aliens at Home Depot

get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
"Officials from several area restaurants have made citizen's arrests on 27 day laborers at the Home Depot on Gale Avenue in Industry, authorities said Thursday."

http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_12471798

The government it seems won't do it!

Comments

• Options
    lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the other 15 million??????? [:D]
  • Options
    MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's about damn time!
    Unfortunately, the "immigrants" will probably sue for having THEIR rights infringed![:(!]
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    And the govt will release them tomorrow.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    No such thing as a "citizen's arrest."

What some people fantasize as a citizens arrest is known legally as "false imprisonment."

Don't try it at home, kids!
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We don't have them standing around here yet pissing in public, can't wait till that happens.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    nejibanananejibanana Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Then on Wednesday, citizens acted as witnesses and had 27 men arrested for trespassing by sheriff's deputies, said Lt. John McBride of the sheriff's Industry Station."

Not quite the "citizen's arrest" or "false imprisonment" that you mention.

"In the case of a misdemeanor, officers or deputies cannot make an arrest if the act is not done in his or her presence - with the exception of drunk driving.

During a citizen's arrest, a private person who witnessed the alleged crime fills out a form testifying to what he or she saw, and an officer or deputy detains the person on the witness' behalf."

From this it sounds like a "citizen's arrest" exists.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Maybe if the government would quit spending money to support illegal immigrants they would have the money to enforce our immigration laws.
  • Options
    101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    No such thing as a "citizen's arrest."

What some people fantasize as a citizens arrest is known legally as "false imprisonment."

Don't try it at home, kids!
    [/quote You are wrong! Yes, indeed there is such a thing as a citizens arrest. It does vary some by state, however the general idea is "if you witness a crime, you may lawfully detain the person or persons who committed the crime until law enforcement arrives". You must contact local law enforcement in a timely manner, and you may only use force to detain someone if you feel that your life or someone elses life is in immediate danger if force is not used.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no doubt I could nail illegals every day in a certain parking lot along I35 in nw Missouri. I pass through ther infrequently, but see people I suspect every time. It's a busline rest stop and they pile off like cows from a trailer.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Do IT Mobuck!!! hold them there till LEO's show up!!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What if they dont want to be "Detained" ? And What happens if they just happen to be Legal?[:0]
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Keep your * out of Home Depot and spend the money elsewhere .
    We can stop the problem ourselves if we spend our money with those that do not promote this crap .[}:)]
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    I have no doubt I could nail illegals every day in a certain parking lot along I35 in nw Missouri. I pass through ther infrequently, but see people I suspect every time. It's a busline rest stop and they pile off like cows from a trailer.
    Mobuck,
    This is still the United States, and you "suspecting" someone is illegal does not give you the right to ask to see their papers. The way to kill this is through employers, and the people who utilize these individuals on projects.