In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Northern Mexico is the Somalia of the Western Hemi

SturmgewehrSturmgewehr Member Posts: 4,420
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
WASHINGTON _ Planning a trip to Mexico? Forget it. In the days when my company had a newspaper in El Paso and I used to visit there on a regular basis, it always was a treat to cross the river for a few hours, have dinner and shop at the colorful markets of Juarez where haggling over prices was half the fun.

There is no more haggling. Most of those caught in the crossfire while just minding their own business aren't even afforded the opportunity to barter for their lives.

The big Mexican city on the border _ in fact that country's entire northern region _ has become an anarchic site of murder, mayhem and viciousness. It is a huge mortuary of a city where no one is safe and the silence is broken only by the sound of gunfire.

Northern Mexico is the Somalia of the Western Hemisphere with killing fields cultivated and sustained by an enormous flow of cash and weapons from the United States, a steady revenue produced from this nation's huge appetite for drugs.

In Monterey recently, U.S. State Department officials there were told to evacuate their children after a private school came in harm's way amid signs the drug cartels now have control of the city.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2010/08/137_72296.html

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    A Mexican, a Black...is there a difference?

Yes. One speaks unintelligibly and the other one...oh, wait...nope, there's no difference. [:D]
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    fore l went to lraq in 2003 Ft Bliss was the jumping off point. While there the CO said,"Dont go to Jaurez". Three did. One got fired. One got court-martialed. One disappeared. Like the CO said,"Dont go to Jaurez".
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you get fired from the Army?
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    of course the USA is the ONLY place they can buy weapons...horse apples
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    of course the USA is the ONLY place they can buy weapons...horse apples

That's what struck me as well.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are going in don't drive. Fly to your destination.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Sturmgewehr...and the President of Mexico comes over and lectures US about what we do! The Mestizo can't even get his own country under control[V] and our POTUS sucks up to him! Just makes me want to puke. Just read today where a family got caught in the crossfire and two little boys were KIA. Goes on all the time "down Mexico way." Hope to the heavens that they can get their house in order[:(]and we get our border under control before all hell breaks loose on this side! "Viva Mexico," my *.[8]
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Earl, when was the last time you saw a group of blackmen lined up, waiting to be picked up to work hard for minimum wage or less?
  • Options
    53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Mexico has degenerated into a real cesspool. Maybe some selective nuking is in order. Can you say Nagasaki with a mex accent?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and our azzhole govt is ALLOWING this violence to permeate this country...can't go to one of OUR OWN national parks because of it?????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and another thought.... a mex living in gt bend for about 3 months having come from texas with 13 FELONIES was arrested for doing god knowswhat to a 14 year old girl, then killing her, then burning body ....why in the F--K is a 13 count felon loose to prey on kids.....?????????????????????????????? ...justice system in this country seems to be now all about picking up the pieces AFTER...more cops guarding this sob than the president..really helps...
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    "Northern Mexico is the Somalia of the Western Hemisphere with killing fields cultivated and sustained by an enormous flow of cash and weapons from the United States"

Whatta loada crap! I don't remember there being any real wars being fought within the contiguous United States any time in recent memory, but I DO remember about 15 shooting wars in Panama, Honduras, Peru, Nicaragua, Salvador, Bolivia, Chile,Venezuela, Mexico & Ecuador that just might have been the suppliers of the bulk of the automatic weapons swarming the streets of Mexico.

MY suggestion is to annex that 100-mile swath of dust, plant mines all over it, and lose the maps of the minefields.
  • Options
    Dennis SmithDennis Smith Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no flow of drugs moving north and no flow of guns moving south.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    You all better do your home work. The drugs are flowing like water out of Mexico into the U.S. The Mexican mafia just killed a bunch of mexicans for not wanting to transport drugs into the U.S. How the guns and ammo are getting to Mexico is another story. I've been wondering how many people in the U.S. are on illgal drugs?[:(]
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I've recently seen photos of arms seizures on the border that involved hundreds of weapons, each. Most were M16's, apparently stolen from the Armies of Central American countries, but there were also AK's and other foreign made weapons, and included RPG's and grenades. All of it was headed into the U.S., not into Mexico, and gives the lie to the Media reports that the problem is that weapons from the U.S are being smuggled south. Bull, they are obviously supplying themselves and then some, from Guatemalan armories and Libyan freighters.

Granted, the whole thing is driven by every bozo who snorts or shoots up, thank you Timothy Leary and Congress.

Anybody remember the Bank of Credit and Commerce International? It was one of the biggest Banks on the East coast, and it's sole business was the laundering of drug money, bribery, arms trafficking, support of terrorism, illegal immigration, smuggling, and other Congressional activities. Clark Clifford, a Secretary of Defense under Lyndon Johnson, was one of the Bank's officers. And everybody who was involved in BCCI is no doubt the toast of every maggot who is butchering people in Juarez. [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe Hillary and BHO can get some advice from Mexico on how to deal with Arizona's "Human Rights Abuses." Why don't they send a report on Mexicoto the U.N.?