In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

There ARE easier ways to do it

andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
This guy attempted suicide by drilling into his own skull with a cordless drill while standing on the side of the highway. The latest news reports are saying the hospital doesn't expect him to survive.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/29/suicide-power-drill/2726041/

Comments

• Options
    10x10010x100 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe he thought it was a Glock???
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got nothing ...... [:(]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    KenthetoolmanKenthetoolman Member Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick someone blame it on Jim Carey's character in "The amazing Burt Wonderstone".
    Then we can ban all those horrible high capacity assault cordless drills.
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Wow.

Even "well thought out" suicides are known to fail. Had a call for a failed suicide attempt once. Guy decided he wanted to die and he was going to use two methods to make certain. He drank poison and jumped off a cliff.

The poison was whatever liquid drain cleaner he found in the supermarket on his way to do the deed. He drank it down quick.

The cliff was a broken crumbling outcropping with no more than ten feet of free fall.

So he guzzles, jumps and breaks both legs, tumbles over the rough rock, crashes through some bristle bushes and slides down the slope right into a patch of cactus.

Very much alive and not liking this suicide plan so much after all. Starts yelling for help.

We got there and found him trying to light a cigarette.

Never laughed once at a patient in the middle of a rescue. But doggone it, there are those you can't help but bust out loud and hearty once they are well gone down the road.
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I always get a kick out of the people that are such big failures that they fail at suicide too.

But seriously, in my opinion, the ones that fail at suicide don't really want to die.
  • Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Was the drill black[?]
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    poor bit placement
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I've often thought that the perfect way to die was while I was screwing. Slightly different way however.[}:)][:p]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Another call was a hanging. Discovered long after the fact. Man went into the forest, climbed a tree and hung himself. Did a very good job, broke his neck. Then was buried in a series of heavy snows. Wasn't found until the melt, by some day hikers.

Another fellow went to a high rocky point on a ridge above a canyon. Put a large caliber pistol in his mouth, angled upward a little bit. Took out lots of brain including chunks of brain stem. A gory mess, completely successful, he never felt it.

Then there was the guy who was going slowly bonkers, losing his mind for years. Lost a high paying job and a family too. Found him laying naked in a stream one freezing winter's day. Looked like he'd parked his car, walked off with some simple camping gear and crawled into his sleeping bag. At some point he stood up, disrobed right there into the sleeping bag and walked off naked into the woods. Found the stream and lay down in it, face up. Froze to death, voluntarily.

Been too much of this sort of thing. Both the suicides and the accidentals. Man, some of the faces that wait behind closed eyes when the memories get a reminder, calling them to the front once again.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back when I was on the job, had a guy try to cut his wrist with an electric carving knife. The knife got jammed up in his wrist bone like a chain saw caught in a tree..he got whoosy and passed out with the knife still running...depending on your point of view , he got lucky and the cord pulled out of the wall socket when he fell over.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back when I was on the job, had a guy try to cut his wrist with an electric carving knife. The knife got jammed up in his wrist bone like a chain saw caught in a tree..he got whoosy and passed out with the knife still running...depending on your point of view , he got lucky and the cord pulled out of the wall socket when he fell over.