In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Year....what gun you saving for?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Henry .22
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Springfield M1A National Match with a stainless barrel and a walnut stock.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am thinking about something very close to this.

I was thinking about a 257 Roberts and came upon this AI....... intriguing and a good looking rifle to boot.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=385415652
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TangoSierra
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Used, I couldn't swing $50K plus!! Back in Nov I came close to buying a 2010 with 59K miles on it, but the dealer and I were $1k apart so I walked. Around here the only used low mileage Suburbans are rental turn ins, private party folks don't seem to trade Suburbans like they do other vehicles.

Holy cow! I didn't realize they were up that high until I started looking them up on the internet. Getting one a few years old with some miles on it and saving a bunch of money is definitely the way to go. If they last like the older ones, you will be good to go for a long time! Is the 5.3L the only engine that comes in them now?

I just looked into the seat thing and the 2014 model for sale locally, doesn't show the 3rd row folding into the floor. Must have been a rumor going around.

Jon

No, it's not a rumor about the third row seats. I saw the 2015 models at the Texas State Fair in October. Third row seats are power operated and fold down flat out of the way on the SLT models they had on display. They were sure nice vehicles. $$

Cool. [8D]

Jon
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Semi-Auto .308 from either Les Baer or Rock River
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    blackpowder70blackpowder70 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im looking to get a new 40 cal.
  • Options
    swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    I want a 6" Colt 1860 Army like the bottom one in this picture. I've got one with the standard 7.5" barrel and it's one of my favorites so I'll have to pick up another and send it to the guy that cut this one.

003-50_zpsb867c0a8.jpg
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swopjan
    I want a 6" Colt 1860 Army like the bottom one in this picture. I've got one with the standard 7.5" barrel and it's one of my favorites so I'll have to pick up another and send it to the guy that cut this one.

003-50_zpsb867c0a8.jpg

If there's a shot in that drink, you have it all covered....Alcohol,Tobacco and Firearms. [:o)]
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning BLR Stainless/Camo stock in .308
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    If there's a shot in that drink, you have it all covered....Alcohol,Tobacco and Firearms. [:o)]

I wouldn't know, that's not my gun, cigarettes or juice. If it was I wouldn't be savin' for it! [;)]
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    I'm going to get a MOA Maximum this year, I'm thinking a 18" straight taper in 243AI topped with a Sightron SIII 8-32X56, that will make for a nice 1000 yard pistol, maybe another XP-100 or another Striker too if I can find the right deal
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got the money, just waiting to find what I am looking for. Doing searches and waiting for e-mail if one comes up for sale. Not saying just what, but it is Ruger.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mk 19
    I'm going to get a MOA Maximum this year, I'm thinking a 18" straight taper in 243AI topped with a Sightron SIII 8-32X56, that will make for a nice 1000 yard pistol, maybe another XP-100 or another Striker too if I can find the right deal

1,000 yard pistol? [:0]
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got some dough saved, now I'm still looking for a nice Burgess folding shotgun and rifle.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RustyBones
    A nice 1917 Enfield or a WW2 era 1911 is probably next. 2013 was very good to me so I have no complaints.

Alvin York would be proud of you.[:)]

I'm looking for a Remington Arms WWI era 1911 to complete the set. Not a readily available firearm....
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W 6" 624 and something in 6.5 Creedmoor.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W Model 41 for the bulls eye league, and to wile away the cold winter nights a Jim Chambers flintlock rifle kit.