In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thought I would update folks

Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
We got 1.1 inches of rain 3 nights ago, and .1 inch last night. My garden is now a jungle!!!!!!
http://s1.zetaboards.com/survivalism/topic/1715112/1

Comments

• BeeramidBeeramid Member Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your camera was fogged up! Looks good though.
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Your garden looking good, Survivalist.

I've got some jalapeno peppers planted that are bearing peppers that are darn near bigger than the plants. The plants look scruffy.

Are ya'll canning?
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 53hawkeye
    Your garden looking good, Survivalist.

I've got some jalapeno peppers planted that are bearing peppers that are darn near bigger than the plants. The plants look scruffy.

Are ya'll canning?

But of course we can! I am in a seed club to preserve dying breeds of heirlooms. The squash are all rare breeds, the cukes are Armenien, I have Thai bitter mellons and the beans are 3 rare breeds of bush beans, including black and white pintos, and some other oddballs.

The corn is black kernel. About the only non-rare breeds are the dill and cilantro, but both are heirloom. The Okra is Granpa Kurtz heirloom. The whole garden is organic....not too bad for a first year plot.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    Your camera was fogged up! Looks good though.

Heck..I thought the looked ok. Ziess lenses are picky sometimes.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like you'll be eating squash in about a week or less. [:)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Looks like you'll be eating squash in about a week or less. [:)]

Start eating it today...and tomorrow, and the next day and......
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    crap my yard just dried out enought last week to put my garden in. that and it was still getting below freezing here. Got it in over the weekend thought. hope it stays above 32 here over nights.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hk-91
    crap my yard just dried out enought last week to put my garden in. that and it was still getting below freezing here. Got it in over the weekend thought. hope it stays above 32 here over nights.

The heat is on the way. Hope I can get a good crop before it gets 115 in the shade.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    86 cant access your pics. and aint gonna join just to see pics of your garden. try another link
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    86 cant access your pics. and aint gonna join just to see pics of your garden. try another link

Sounds like there is something wrong with your computer. Nobody else has had that problem. Not sure what to say.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/survivalism/topic/1715112/1/
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong

You get a chance to view it?