In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Garden update

Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
It is coming up. Don

IMG_2245_zpsc493581e.jpg

IMG_2250_zps38dfc624.jpg

Comments

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Doing fine. Family is eating vegtables out of the backyard supermarket.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/survivalism/topic/1690026/1
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    just getting mine tilled today. will plant tomarrow.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hk-91
    just getting mine tilled today. will plant tomarrow.

Looks a couple more weeks and I will be able to till mine and plant crop number 2.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder if my landlord would mind if I started a garden in the yard?[:D]

Starting a garden will be one of the first things I do when I get my own place(along with getting me a good ole' dog as well).[;)]

Jon
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    Armenian cukes?[?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jon0322
    Wonder if my landlord would mind if I started a garden in the yard?[:D]

Starting a garden will be one of the first things I do when I get my own place(along with getting me a good ole' dog as well).[;)]

Jon

This place I am in is a rental. My home in Tarrant COunty Texas is rented out and I let them put in a garden there. Most landlords understand that a garden adds to the value of the place if kept weed free and looking nice.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri
    Armenian cukes?[?]

Yeah...armenian cucumbers. I am in a rare seed preservation club. We grow heirloom vegetables and fruits and share the seeds with other folks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_cucumber
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did something different yesterday. Our broccoli has been bearing so heavily that we were about getting tired of eatting it. This is amazing because I really love broccoli. Yesterday I cut a Wal-Mart plastic bag full of broccoli and took it up to the local Chinese restaurant. Asked if he would cook it up in garlic sauce. Got 3 of the aluminum carryout dishes full. An hour after I picked the broccoli we were eatting broccoli in garlic sauce. mmmmmm good!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    Did something different yesterday. Our broccoli has been bearing so heavily that we were about getting tired of eatting it. This is amazing because I really love broccoli. Yesterday I cut a Wal-Mart plastic bag full of broccoli and took it up to the local Chinese restaurant. Asked if he would cook it up in garlic sauce. Got 3 of the aluminum carryout dishes full. An hour after I picked the broccoli we were eatting broccoli in garlic sauce. mmmmmm good!

Thats pretty cool. I'm gonna pay some early morning visits to a few of the old folks around here and tie a bag of stuff to their door handle. Most do not get up until 0600 so I want to make sure I do not get a 45-70 through the chest.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Take a bag of good topsoil, punch some holes in one side and find a nice place to drop it on the ground. Cut an x in the top, and plant your tomato or whatever. Cover the bag with mulch to keep the sun from baking it, pay attention to the water, and when the season is over cut the bag open and scatter the topsoil across the yard.

Probably would not work when it gets 115 out here1
    edited November -1
    See what plowing in a little magnesium will do for a garden?