In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

paypal not all bad

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
as much as I dislike paypal's weapon policies there are times I need to use them,As said in here before we own and the wife runs a pretty good sized used bookstore,one of the other things she sells is candles,She sells quite a few candles from 5 different makers.All them will take it as payment,One of the largest out of Texas also gives free shipping with Paypal purchases.She ordered several hundred dollars worth of product from these people,they responded with a ship date,product never arrived so called back and was told some story why it was not shipped and given another ship date,,product never arrived,,found out they were in the process of going out of business,,they had our money and had no intention of shippng,,contacted Paypal and within 2 weeks wehad a full credit back.Sometimes you may not always agree with someone you do business with but it pays to cover your *

Comments

• thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    True and sometimes it's just easier for a business to operate under policies which might not align with their beliefs so they can avoid investigations and legal issues. In my case, it's probably not Dick's preferance to require FOIDs for pellet rifles; I just need someone to bad mouth.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    as much as I dislike paypal's weapon policies there are times I need to use them,As said in here before we own and the wife runs a pretty good sized used bookstore,one of the other things she sells is candles,She sells quite a few candles from 5 different makers.All them will take it as payment,One of the largest out of Texas also gives free shipping with Paypal purchases.She ordered several hundred dollars worth of product from these people,they responded with a ship date,product never arrived so called back and was told some story why it was not shipped and given another ship date,,product never arrived,,found out they were in the process of going out of business,,they had our money and had no intention of shippng,,contacted Paypal and within 2 weeks wehad a full credit back.Sometimes you may not always agree with someone you do business with but it pays to cover your *

Hows does it feel to fund the Obama presidental win?

Wall Street Journal
    A Wall Street type investment company, Blue Investment Management of New York, is in the process of registering a mutual fund with the S.E.C. for Democrats who wish to invest only in "Blue Companies. They define this primarily as companies that "Give Blue", meaning that most or nearly all of that company's political contributions are made to Democratic candidates for office and to Democratic Political Action Committees. The investment firm also tracks the political donations of that company's top three senior executive officers for the last four election cycles, and whether or not that company's stated policies are consistent with the core values of the Democratic Party. (How one defines the "core values" of the Democratic Party might be worth an article all it's own, since Labor Democrats disagree with the Free-Trade Democrats, Liberal, Left-leaning Democrats disagree with the more conservative Southern Democrats, etc.)

According to the article, EBay is one of their top core holdings.

And you support Gun Control

Friday, August 03, 2007

Years ago, eBay banned the sale of all complete firearms on its online auction and shopping website. However, they did continue to allow the sale of parts and many accessories. This week, a spokesman for eBay announced that the company would ban the sale of all gun-and-ammunition-related parts and components.

The ban is set to begin in mid-August, when eBay will prohibit the listing of "any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun." This prohibition will include, according to eBay, "bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc." In explaining the decision to restrict these items, Matt Halprin, eBay's Vice President, Trust & Safety, said, "After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team - along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc.- have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require." [emphasis added]

With this action, eBay sends the message that they don't want, or appreciate, law-abiding gun owners' business. By banning these legal products, eBay is adopting the anti-gun movement's opposition to all legal gun ownership. Fortunately, gun owners and sportsmen have alternatives.

The horror stories of Pay pal are extensive...I was a victim of their illegal activities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_c1_P5YCZw

Paypal is selling off your private information to marketing firms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ64Foqaamk

It goes on and on... you can check out horror stories at www.paypalsucks.com
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    just beatum at there own game...get the paypal visa/mastercard..and use it to make online gun and ammo buys[:D]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will have your "story" to tell one day.....you will change your mind. It eventually happens to EVERYONE. I just hate that some have to learn the "hard way" (like I did.)
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    edited November -1
    If you have time, I suggest you listen to this guy on youtube. It is VERY long, but if the financial viability of your business is at stake, yoy may want to listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gizxKtnos
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont keep any money in my account,I dont let them have access to my bank account,all I use it for is to buy online .I have a dedicated card for this with a $500 limit.I have used them for this at least 6yrs so if they were going to sell my info I guess they would have done it by now.They save me several hundred dollars a year in shipping and other discounts..so if they ever get me for that $500 I am still way ahead of the game
    ..As far as helping Obama win,,the only people needed to do that was the repubs,,they run the country like a bunch of drunk sailors on leave for 8yrs and then run a man that had a snowball's chance in hell of winning,,I am starting to think elections are like pro wrestling,,they have already chosen the winner way before it ever get to the ballot box
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    I dont keep any money in my account,I dont let them have access to my bank account,all I use it for is to buy online .I have a dedicated card for this with a $500 limit.I have used them for this at least 6yrs so if they were going to sell my info I guess they would have done it by now.They save me several hundred dollars a year in shipping and other discounts..so if they ever get me for that $500 I am still way ahead of the game
    ..As far as helping Obama win,,the only people needed to do that was the repubs,,they run the country like a bunch of drunk sailors on leave for 8yrs and then run a man that had a snowball's chance in hell of winning,,I am starting to think elections are like pro wrestling,,they have already chosen the winner way before it ever get to the ballot box

Same thing the guy in the video did. They turned him over to a collection agency.