In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Garden is starting to produce.

Comments

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Been eating spinach,lettuce and kale for 2 months. Getting 2 gallons a day of strawberries from the patch. Squash coming in now as well as broccoli, new potatoes and sweet onions. I love shopping in my own store out back.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    Been eating spinach,lettuce and kale for 2 months. Getting 2 gallons a day of strawberries from the patch. Squash coming in now as well as broccoli, new potatoes and sweet onions. I love shopping in my own store out back.

Yep....Can't wait for the rest of my stuff to get ready to be consumed. Growing things in the desert is very difficult.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the weather holds I may be able to plant this coming week.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    If the weather holds I may be able to plant this coming week.

Battling the heat and lack of rain. had a few days already over 105. Have not seen rain for 4-5 months!
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,587 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just planted last week and already froze half my crop. Time to replant
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by big800
    I just planted last week and already froze half my crop. Time to replant

I was plesantly surprised that the Kohlrabi made it. Kohlrabi is a cool weather vegetable, and we have had lots of triple digits already. But, they are mighty tasty!!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our first crop each spring is USUALLY asparagus. Some folks hate it, but we love it. Planted dozen crowns 9 years ago, spreading and producing well. Spring onions, radishes and early lettuce coming in now. Chanced a couple of VERY early tomatoes, and they have set fruit now.
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been harvesting roma, cherry, and beafsteak tomatoes for a month now. Peppers are almost there. Radishes are replanted every 10 days and doing great. 20" of rain in last 3 days sure has greened things up. harvest probably gonna pick up over the next few weeks.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laundry-pro
    Been harvesting roma, cherry, and beafsteak tomatoes for a month now. Peppers are almost there. Radishes are replanted every 10 days and doing great. 20" of rain in last 3 days sure has greened things up. harvest probably gonna pick up over the next few weeks.

I'd kill for rain. We usually only get about 15-20 inches a year...and usually in incriments of 3-4 inches at a shot.

Maters not doing too good. Plants look ok, but the flowers aren't producing. I think the heat is a factor, but I did put up some screens to help out.

OdessaGardener.jpg
    edited November -1
    And yes...that is my garden on the magazine cover!!
  • JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was 18 degrees last week. No garden planted here.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,020 ******
    edited November -1
    What street is that, 86? I have long legs and that fence don't look that high.....

We just had a slight frost, last two mornings. Nipped my potato vines and would have gotten the grape vine had I not covered.
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    man we just had frost 3 days ago , haven't even started on a garden yet
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just finished setting out my tomatoes and pepper plants in one garden , now i have another 40 tomatoe plants to setin the other garden
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    been to cold up here. I'm putting my garden in this weekend.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    What street is that, 86? I have long legs and that fence don't look that high.....

We just had a slight frost, last two mornings. Nipped my potato vines and would have gotten the grape vine had I not covered.

One that is 6 feet tall, and has a few armed people in the house...steal my squash and you will be put in the compost pile! I am protective of the fruits of my labour.[:D]