In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Wow your garden is really taking off there.

All I've gotten done in mine so far is getting it tilled last weekend. I was going to try and plant this weekend, but like the last couple months it just keeps raining. My time is running out but I'm still ok for now. I hope. I did get the potatoes in though, that was a must.
    Farmers can't even get the crops all planted either around here.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What state you in
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    What state you in

Multi states...Confusion and Paranoia and tend to visit the state of amazment on occasion.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by penetraitor
    Wow your garden is really taking off there.

All I've gotten done in mine so far is getting it tilled last weekend. I was going to try and plant this weekend, but like the last couple months it just keeps raining. My time is running out but I'm still ok for now. I hope. I did get the potatoes in though, that was a must.
    Farmers can't even get the crops all planted either around here.

Have not had rain for about 4 months now. Been teaching my neighbors about flood irrigating, instead of sprinklers. They all said it won't work. My garden is proof it works just fine.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    He lives in the land of oil and border jumpers Jake.

Did you till anything into your soil?
    If you can get some, straw (especially manure and straw) help hold the mosture, and give neutrients.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

If you can get some, straw (especially manure and straw) help hold the mosture, and give neutrients.

Used peat moss and sulphur. Soil was 8.2-8.4 when I started. Peat helped a lot, but the sulphur was the real kick. 7.8 now. Also been making compost all winter with whatever I could add to the pit, including all the shreaded paper from my office shreaders. And I create a lot of shreaded paper!!
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Manure is great. As is straw. Or, Newspaper sounds good (like was suggested earlier)
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    looking good Ill have to add some updated pic of mine a little later on
    I just got a row tilled up and added a little compose then planted some giant pumpkin seeds says they should grow up to 500 pounds [:0] dont know what ill do with them if they do get that big but it will be fun trying [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tazzer
    looking good Ill have to add some updated pic of mine a little later on
    I just got a row tilled up and added a little compose then planted some giant pumpkin seeds says they should grow up to 500 pounds [:0] dont know what ill do with them if they do get that big but it will be fun trying [:D]

I am picturing a few tannerite targets, and a FAL, or a HUGE pumpkin pie for the whole neighborhood. Love gardening...it is good for the soul...at least for those of us that have one.