In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Amazing!!

Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have heard that this priest had 2 broken fingers when he was bailed out of prison. Just following orders I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiz4tfjSuPc

Comments

• JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in agreement with the priest's position on abortion, so I guess that puts me in agreement with you in your sympathy for the priest. However, you are not helping his cause with exaggerations and intentionally misleading statements.

I expect if you asked the priest he would tell you it was a successful protest. He protested, was arrested and taken to jail (not prison) and it made the national news. The arrest was part of the plan and the police did a perfectly professional job.

If the priest was "roughed up" it didn't show on the forty-leven hundred thousand cameras on the scene. If his fingers were broken, we need more than "I have heard" and some evidence it was done while in custody of the police or sheriff.

The whole object of the priest's protest is to draw attention to the holocaust taking place on the unborn. When you try to divert it to "police brutality" you are doing him no favor.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's that public education at work again.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    [V]A sad day for America...but this is only a small reflection of the greater picture.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I have heard" that the priest bit and spit on two police officers after the cameras stopped rolling. Of course I cant prove that claim.

Its amazing how this priest was carrying a 7 to 8 foot tall cross all by himself one moment and the next he cant even stand up on his own.

He knew he was going to get arrested..... it was all part of the plan for the media.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    I have heard that this priest had 2 broken fingers when he was bailed out of prison. Just following orders I guess.

Thanks, I have not laughes as hard in so long, my ribs hurt.

Bailed out of prison. I thought you were bailed out of jail, and broke out of prison. lol

Thanks again.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    "I have heard" that the priest bit and spit on two police officers after the cameras stopped rolling. Of course I cant prove that claim.

Its amazing how this priest was carrying a 7 to 8 foot tall cross all by himself one moment and the next he cant even stand up on his own.

He knew he was going to get arrested..... it was all part of the plan for the media.

If you had bothered to watch until the end, a guy was helping him drag the cross. He was not carrying it alone.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eric, your right. He was being aided, but the cross was resting on his shoulder and he was moving at a good pace.... a far cry from moments later not even being able to stand.

Its called passive resistance. When you realize the jig is up and your about to get arrested, you suddenly become feeble and weak (playing to the cameras) helps to make the cops look evil.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

I heard it happened when he was looking for your gerbils......
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its called passive resistance. When you realize the jig is up and your about to get arrested, you suddenly become feeble and weak (playing to the cameras) helps to make the cops look evil.
    It was my understanding that it's just the most efficient way to make it as difficult and time consuming as possible to take you into custody without actually resisting arrest. Not so much to make the cops look evil.

When a human body is limp dead weight it's hard to move.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Well,, once the cops broke his fingers, the POOR MAN was no-doubt in shock! What no one saw was the cops slip him a mickey, and shoot pepper spray up his *, wild secretly waterboarding and shoving bamboo slivers under his toenails.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Eric, your right. He was being aided, but the cross was resting on his shoulder and he was moving at a good pace.... a far cry from moments later not even being able to stand.

He chose to offer no assistance to those arresting him. So what. Passive resistance to what one considers to be a wrongful arrest, is not a bad thing.

I don't think that he was "playing" weak. He simply was not going to willing participate in his own arrest.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

He chose to offer no assistance to those arresting him. So what. Passive resistance to what one considers to be a wrongful arrest, is not a bad thing.

I don't think that he was "playing" weak. He simply was not going to willing participate in his own arrest.

It is the Ghandi theory of non violent, non-compliance. He and his followers were masters of it. They won their country back, and are better for not being under the boot of the British Crown.