In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many guns do you have?

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 25,194 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All destroyed in my recent basement flood
  • JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had any. Was going to buy one, tried shooting it
    and the noise scared me. Didn't buy it. Evil things stay
    away from them.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    I can still count them so not enough. Thanks for asking though
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    I don't have any. Mine were in Rusty's safe too.[}:)]

Indeed!! I remember you sitting beside me crying too. Darn lighting!! Darn magnesium!!

Those weren't tears, it was the rain![:D]

Well I was crying for a couple of my pieces.....Not gonna miss the Jennings J-22
  • dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I almost got thru the first page and didnt see a solid answer so I'll give one......I have 21 and a couple on the want list.

dgac
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More than I need, not nearly as many as I want.
  • aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    quote:wsfiredude Posted - 05/17/2009 : 9:25:46 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by aramisvi

not nearly enough

Well, when you have one that will shoot through 2" solid doors at a distance of 100 yards at night, in the rain, and without anyone hearing it, what more could you want?

har de har har, har de har har.

annnnnnnd marshmallows and mt. dew burn when shooting out your nostrils at high velocity[8D][xx(][:D][:p]
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never enough!!
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Well sir, I was headed to the 4th annual GunBroker Regatta and Fun Shoot at Jackson Reservoir. We were about halfway up the Mighty South Platte between Merino and Messex when the skies turned ugly. I nosed her over towards shore, but once the water started coming over the gunwales, I knew we were lost.

We were lucky to escape with our lives.

A lot of fine men and women lost their guns that day. Boats, too. The wreckage now litters the South Platte's sandy bottom like an eerie nautical cemetery.

sigh
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aramisvi
    quote:wsfiredude Posted - 05/17/2009 : 9:25:46 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by aramisvi

not nearly enough

Well, when you have one that will shoot through 2" solid doors at a distance of 100 yards at night, in the rain, and without anyone hearing it, what more could you want?

har de har har, har de har har.

annnnnnnd marshmallows and mt. dew burn when shooting out your nostrils at high velocity[8D][xx(][:D][:p]

We have joked about this so much, it is burned permanently into my mind. Years from now, I will be sitting in a rocking chair at a 'home' telling folks about a fellow named sinder and his quest to find the perfect 'solid door/rain/night/100 yard/nobody hears it' firearm.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Well sir, I was headed to the 4th annual GunBroker Regatta and Fun Shoot at Jackson Reservoir. We were about halfway up the Mighty South Platte between Merino and Messex when the skies turned ugly. I nosed her over towards shore, but once the water started coming over the gunwales, I knew we were lost.

A lot of fine men and women lost their guns that day. Boats, too. The wreckage now litters the South Platte's sandy bottom like an eerie nautical cemetery.

sigh

Good stuff.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

"Tune in next week for another sphincter-tightening episode of 'Guns in the Water.'"

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

sigh

Good stuff.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

"Tune in next week for another sphincter-tightening episode of 'Guns in the Water.'"

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I wish I hadn't had a mouthful of Doritos when I read "...Guns on the Water".

It looks like orange spackling on my computer screen.

And I blame you.
    edited November -1
    I'm getting a lot of credit for some 'decorated' monitors and keyboards.

I might do as they did back in WWII. For every one I'm responsible for, I'm gonna paint a small silhouette of a monitor or keyboard on the side of my PC casing.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    picture151.th.jpg
    picture149.th.jpg
    img0086kdb.th.jpg

I don't own any guns now since my AmStaff terrier "Pelo" got bored being alone in the house by himself and tore the house and furniture apart. I was told to get rid of the guns as Pelo was very close to getting shot.
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    Only the one I was born with! [}:)][:D][:p][^]
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lost all mine in house fire sorry I only stay o this forum for sentimental reasons
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only have this one.
    Have not shot it yet.

0f4b226f.jpg
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Pellet Pistol is all I have left,[:(] What gives? I thought this was the sex talk forum? I must be at the wrong place?[:(]
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is my only gun, unfortunately it died in an arc welding accident.

[img][/img]92Ftorched.jpg
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    A little JB Weld and it will be good as new![:D]quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    This is my only gun, unfortunately it died in an arc welding accident.

[img][/img]92Ftorched.jpg
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I only have an itty-bitty carry gun now.

The rest are residing at the pawn shop, for a bit.

Doug
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Never counted them. I am Legion.
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't keep track of how many guns I own. I just count how many safes I have.
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    why the hell does this frigging question keep popping up on "GUN" forums, are you a BATFE agent ? if so *, and if you do not know what that means, just google it [}:)]

i do wish the Admin would permanently ban jerks who ask this idiotic question, anyone who gives an honest answer is a fool in the vein of brain dead enormous proportions
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    IVE GOT A SALAD SHOOTER
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I agree!Especially from newbies to the forum.quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    why the hell does this frigging question keep popping up on "GUN" forums, are you a BATFE agent ? if so *, and if you do not know what that means, just google it [}:)]

i do wish the Admin would permanently ban jerks who ask this idiotic question, anyone who gives an honest answer is a fool in the vein of brain dead enormous proportions
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    I would love to own a real gun, where did you get them
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrupoBPT
    I have about 15 in the safe and have only 2 on the shopping list.

How many guns do you have?

A handful for than you, but a lot less Mark C[}:)]
  • 2rugers2rugers Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    10,554,472.0015379 and looking to buy the other.9984621 of number 10,554,473.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    does anyone really ever "have" a gun?
    lets examine the question;
    how ...that is asking for an explaination of proceedure like a recipe...how do you bake a cake?
    Many refers to a number or it can mean a lot as in there were many people at the tea party it is an unknown quantity
    guns...there again an ambigious assertion as clearly demonstrated. some call their manhood a gun, some a greese dispenser. some call any device meant to facilitate the launch of a projectile, a gun.
    do...I got nothin
    you .do you mean collectively or individually?
    and finally
    have...had biblically? physically possess/ maintain?
    I am really confused by the whole question
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was born in WV and thought people from there were too smart to ask a question like that. Guess I'm wrong.
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I assume that just about everyone posting on this forum has at least one firearm. I read somewhere that the average gunowner has 3. Don't know if that's true and I can tell you that all my friends have more than that. I met one guy who had at least a thousand guns based on my best estimate of what I saw in his home, but maybe I didn't see all of them?

A couple of folks here have very large collections. They have posted photos showing some of what they have and the pictures are very impressive. But when asked directly how many are owned, most people shy away from answering. I have a few, perhaps more than I need and less than I want, and I probably wouldn't mind stating an actually number (I'd have to go count them, first) but few members seem willing to do so.

Don't know if we need to rough somebody up for asking, though. I figure the ATF is already well aware of my activities so I don't suspect that group of spying on me via this forum.
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lost mine in an unfortunate smelting accident..........
  • 8000fthi8000fthi Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

I had a bunch, but a lightning strike hit my safe while I was moving it, and the magnesium bars in the safe lit up like willie peter.

There seems to be some controversy on that though. [:D][:D][:D]
    I still can't believe the same thing happened to me. I do however want to warn any home invaders that my Rottweiler will eat their shi!.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many roads must a man walk down?
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    1 gun 2 sling shots
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lent them to CGR. She lost em' in a boat accident. I have nothing but a slingshot, tomahawk, and a bow and arrow.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife sunk the boat! she won't let me have ANY....not even a picture of a gun, she say's that it will kill someone![:o)]
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Guns???

And all this time I tought this was a Quilting forum!![:0]