In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are you kidding me on air rifles??

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Guy emails me wanting to know if I will ship to Michigan? Do some states require an FFL on an air rifle?

Comments

• TERI234TERI234 Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Illinois air gun law 2007 if it is over 700 fps, must have a FOID card to purchase.
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some states like NJ are even worse. They require ballistics test, backround check and bond so I am told to purchase one.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes New Jersey considers an air rifle a firearm.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if i remember right mich ..22cal or if 177 has rifled barrel
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HA HA HA.....wanna hear something funnier???? You cannot sell any....not ANY kind of air rifle or BB gun in the city limits of Birmingham!!!! If someone bought one they would have to go outside the city limits to get it.

It used to drive me crazy when people would come in the store looking for BBs. They always just stood there....baffled....and then made comments on how many places they had looked with no luck (now they know why.) Then.....having to send them to Academy or Wal Mart that was outside city limits to get what they were looking for.

I plan on getting some of the better Air rifles when I get open in Gardendale. I think they are pretty amazing.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There may be an age confirmation restriction in some states that may be impossible to comply with. That's what I was told when I tried to order one from Kalifornia.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an old Crosman 140 I am getting ready to ship off to rebuild. Grampa gave it to me when I was 8. It shoots 16 gr. pills. Killed alot of * with it.[:D][:D]
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    select-fire, SEM gunworks in Travelers Rest SC rebuilt my Crosman 140 and did a great job.Butch Moody is the owner and knows a ton about old Crosmans.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of a grey area, yes, by MI law, but a ffl is federal?
    quote:(b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air. Firearm
    does not include a smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling by a spring, or by gas or
    air, BB's not exceeding .177 caliber.
    Page 8,
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/publications/firearms.pdf
    Rifled bore needs a FFL...
    Where is your buyer? maybe I can give you a deal, I know a ffl....[;)]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    TOTAL INSANITY!! IT'S A BLOODY AIR RIFLE!!![:(!]
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    HA HA HA.....wanna hear something funnier???? You cannot sell any....not ANY kind of air rifle or BB gun in the city limits of Birmingham!!!! If someone bought one they would have to go outside the city limits to get it.

It used to drive me crazy when people would come in the store looking for BBs. They always just stood there....baffled....and then made comments on how many places they had looked with no luck (now they know why.) Then.....having to send them to Academy or Wal Mart that was outside city limits to get what they were looking for.

I plan on getting some of the better Air rifles when I get open in Gardendale. I think they are pretty amazing.

We'll sell you a high poweredrifle,but BB guns are a nono. LOL!!! i feel for ya'll there
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buddyb
    select-fire, SEM gunworks in Travelers Rest SC rebuilt my Crosman 140 and did a great job.Butch Moody is the owner and knows a ton about old Crosmans.

Thanks, I located their phone number and will give them a call.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I have a tactical sniper air rifle. It could shoot down a 747 from 1000 yds away[if the pellet got caught in a tornado then somehow got sucked into the airplane and hit the pilot in the eye going into his brain and out his right ear to hit the co-pilot in his left ear traveling down the auditory canal to his brain]. Air guns...the silent killers!!! Oh my Nancy, we must ban them.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

Barnes Expedition is simple amazing.
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I plan on getting some of the better Air rifles when I get open in Gardendale. I think they are pretty amazing.
    Have you found you a location yet? When we opening??
  • big truckerbig trucker Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks buddyb I am gonna give sems a call on my old powermaster.[8D]
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Hoplophobia is not limited to firearms. Certain knives, brass knuckles, etc., and yes, even air rifles and BB guns are outlawed and/or restricted in certain juristictions.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TERI234
    In Illinois air gun law 2007 if it is over 700 fps, must have a FOID card to purchase.
    dear lord, that is insane [V]
  • aka rottenaka rotten Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128414740 Got a non payers warning from auction side for not paying for air rifle because i thought ffl thing was a mistake .I told lady after i hit buy now button i was not going to pay 40 more dollars to go thru ffl.It was my mistake because as you see they do have it listed ,so i make no bones about warning.Same place different gun,bought a Beeman air rifle same night and 50 dollars worth of pellets.Thanks,Paul
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aka rotten
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128414740 Got a non payers warning from auction side for not paying for air rifle because i thought ffl thing was a mistake .I told lady after i hit buy now button i was not going to pay 40 more dollars to go thru ffl.It was my mistake because as you see they do have it listed ,so i make no bones about warning.Same place different gun,bought a Beeman air rifle same night and 50 dollars worth of pellets.Thanks,Paul

I just sent them a message about the FFL thing. Lets see what they write back.
  • aka rottenaka rotten Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I DID THAT TOO ,THERE REPLY IS THATS WAY THEY DO BUSINESS,Thanks,Paul
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of you MAY remember a post a few months back. I bought a used "Daisey Red Rider" BB gun on GB. The seller DEMANDED to ship it to an FFL, since it "could be considered a deadly weapon"!?!
    My FFL dealer STILL blows me crap about my "deadly weapon". Where do I find these people?
    edited November -1
    I called my FFL a bit ago, since he is a buddy of mine. He said it is complete BS, and that he "ain't gonna put a *&%$@#% pellet gun in his book".

Guess I am not gonna buy. Heck, I can buy one off the rack out here anyhow, without filling out a 4473.....wonder what NICS does if you call up and check on someone buying a pellet gun?

Burocrat Sir...is this a handgun or longgun?
    Gunshop....Neither
    Burocrat...Get off my phone.
    edited November -1
    Check this out.. It might put your eye out !
    Sounds like it is losing the air charge at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-Eht5-JSQ
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Check this out.. It might put your eye out !
    Sounds like it is losing the air charge at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-Eht5-JSQ

I am curious how many rounds he just blasted. I want one.