In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thigh holster for 1911

nejibanananejibanana Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I was looking for a thigh holster for my 1911 (5 in. barrel), thought I'd see if anyone had any opinions/experience on brands, etc.

I would prefer something made in the US, looking at spending $40 give or take, don't want to buy a $100 one, but want one thats of good quality. Also prefer it to be made of something like nylon, or whatever most of the "tactical" ones are made of, don't really want leather.

Thanks~

Comments

• NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well good and $40 do not go together, sorry just a fact. I have a nylon one from Eagle Industries for my Glock that I use to use a lot and worked good. But over 10 years ago it was over $75.

If I had to buy one these days I would seriously look at the Safariland holsters but they are over $100. There is also Blackhack and Tactical Tailor that make good stuff.

Next in line is going to be the cheep stuff that is made for the airsoft guys. I am not sure who makes what holsters but places like Mil-Spec, Spec-ops, Voodo but you will get what you pay for........

The cheep ones will not hold up to any kind of real use. Also most of them will not stay in place or secure as well as quality ones.
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    I got a brandnew military surplus M9 nylon holster for $18 on ebay, then I turned around and purchased the matching companion leg extender on ebay for $15, both brandnew. Fits my 1911 45 great. I lready had the matching 2 mag holster that mounts on the leg extender. It's a nice setup, for less than $40.00.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    With a big giveaway on the horizon, if one buys a new thingy, one may want to keep the receipt.

Doug
  • 2ndamendright2ndamendright Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have all Blackhawk gear... My uncle told me to keep it when I left. Guess he planned on buying new stuff... It goes great with the vests he gave me!