In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Very sad situation...[:(]
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    the guy, brian so and so, went on and on about guns in bars this morning On FOX AND FRIENDS. you could tell by his attitude that he is anti-gun and Anti 2nd amendment. he was basically yelling at the tennessee senator who introduced the bill allowing concealed carry in the states bars and drinking establishments.
    I have heard quite a few fox anchors who share his opinion and his prejudice against guns. Even Glen Beck sounds like he could go either way
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm all for open carry, CCW, etc. but being a bar guy myself, I don't think its such a good idea.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by War Pig Actual
    I'm all for open carry, CCW, etc. but being a bar guy myself, I don't think its such a good idea.

+1 IMO drinkin and guns are a poor mix.
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat

Overbearing government and restriction of personal liberties guarenteed by the Bill of Rights is a worse mix.
  • JamesQuinnJamesQuinn Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some guys think they shoot better drunk. "A few stiff drinks steady the aim."

Yeah, a bar full of armed rednecks, the perfect recipe for disaster.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What in the heck are you guys talking about.?.?.this is a news story about the shooting in Iraq today.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I missed something. What does a soldier killing five and wounding three other soldiers in a medical facility have to do with carrying concealed in bars?
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    What in the heck are you guys talking about.?.?.this is a news story about the shooting in Iraq today.

tangents, they make the world go 'round
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat

I dont know if you guys have been out lately but most bars are attached to restaurants. Just because you go to a restaurant doesnt mean you drink. I like to be able to carry any where I go. Stand alone bars around here are almost a thing of the past.

If your drunk enough to pull a pistol in a bar, your drunk enough to plow someone down with your car. Maybe we should stop allowing folks to drive to bars too.
  • JamesQuinnJamesQuinn Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    Originally posted by Fatstrat
    Originally posted by War Pig Actual
    and guns are a poor mix.
    [/quote

I agree. But we never hear about drunk shooting.

You never hear about drunk shooting? Okay, listen up. Last Fall, not five miles from where I live, two dove hunters were shootin' and drinkin'. One put a 12 ga load of 7.5s in his pal's leg from a few yards away. Cut his femoral artery and he bled out before EMS got there.

Down this way, many deer hunters think the three essential items are a rifle, a tree stand and a bottle of brown liquor. Every other year they mistake a human for a deer.

And then there's Dick Cheney, who had just one (wink, wink) beer for lunch and then mistook a six foot tall man dressed in orange for a small brown bird.