In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

It's a buyers market for sure!

Comments

• Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the Bozeman area's becomin' another Jackson Hole...

The billionaires are bootin' out the millionaires.

Twenty years ago, I used to drive out to visit a friend and his wife who lived in Bozeman for some summer fishin' around the northeastern corner of The Park. Sounds like things sure have changed since then. [V]
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the last house I built working for BJS Construction.

Laid off.

http://www.stuartandsally.com/property/view/69

Look through the pics, very proud of this one!
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear you're laid off, RiverMan. That really is a beauty of a construction job. You and your co-workers should take great pride in what is truly a luxury lodge.

But a guy has to ask, what the hell do these type of people need 12K+ square feet of space for?! Don't take it personal, but that kind of "need" is nothin' but a prime example of the same $%#&*&!! excess that got our country into the economic crapper where we are now. Shat, I can't keep my little house clean! Why can't people be satisfied with a nice, simple lifestyle anymore?

Take for example, I've got a guy from the Gay Bay buildin' downriver from me here on 12 acres. The "home" is 8,000 square feet, with a steel and concrete framework because he's been burned out before. The guy's an arrogant, rich jerk that wipes his * with Andrew Jacksons and then tosses them to the surrounding community like he's doin' everyone a favor by buildin' here. He treats everyone here, including future neighbors, like they're second class citizens. Needless to say, because he's so hard to get along with, this urban a-hole is on his third contractor and still isn't finished after 2 years. He's already got a terrible reputation in this county, in part from havin' dumped his dyin' wife after she was diagnosed, and doesn't even live here yet!

I've no doubt he and his new, big ta-ta'd wife will move here, find it "totally lacking in culture and class," as well as in high-end strip malls, and will want to sell in a few years. But who in the hell will buy a 6+ million dollar monstrosity in these ultra-rural parts? And if the crazy SOB hates fire so much, why is he movin' to one of the most fire-proned areas in the state - where over 200,000 acres burned last year alone?

What a moron.
    [xx(]
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful work. I hope you get back to work Asap!
    edited November -1
    quote: Shat, I can't keep my little house clean!

The boat house was actually designed to be the servants quarters.

Not joking.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    The boat house was actually designed to be the servants quarters.

Not joking.

No doubt. I won't be at all surprised to see the guy here having maids and landscapers showin' up regularly. In the years he's had the property, he's never lifted a finger himself to clear brush or do any other kind of work. Meanwhile, he's tellin' the people (permanent residents that do brushwork out of habit/necessity every year) livin' 'round his overgrown fire-trap that their properties are fire hazards. Sheesh. There oughta be a season on guys like that. [}:)]

Sorry for my rantin' on the topic, RM. That kind of crap is hittin' too close to home here for a lot of us.

Hope you get back to work soon.

Good luck,
    Doc
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the good wishes guys. Been out of steady work all winter, time to do something drastic.

I have to leave home for work. Yuma, AZ here I come.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    Thanks for the good wishes guys. Been out of steady work all winter, time to do something drastic.

I have to leave home for work. Yuma, AZ here I come.

Ouch. AZ is goin' into the hot season.

What about construction in WY? With the drilling and windpower development there, it seems their economy hasn't slowed at all. Sure would be a lot closer to home for ya.
    edited November -1
    The Mrs. got a great job with Kiewit Construction as a business manager.

They are working on the All American Canal, just outside of Yuma.
    edited November -1
    What's the "All American Canal"?

Sounds like somethin' to keep the border jumpers out! [;)]
    edited November -1
    http://www.kiewit.com/projects/water-resources/all-american-canal.aspx

They are lining the canal with concrete to keep from losing water to Mexico through the ground.
    edited November -1
    Wow. Talk about big ticket construction. Haven't been down there in many years, but have heard of that canal (not by name). Better bring a pop-gun for "varmints". Looks like sunscreen and a 10 gallon, truck-bed water container oughta be on the list, too.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    I?m glad you were able to make some money off of the out of state con artists before they went tits up. Also hope that the club burns to the ground and they all go home.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    I?m glad you were able to make some money off of the out of state con artists before they went tits up. Also hope that the club burns to the ground and they all go home.

God, don't send 'em back here! [:(!][;)]
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Fly -Anything will burn if it gets hot enough. Thats why GOD made Hell[}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Fly -Anything will burn if it gets hot enough. Thats why GOD made Hell[}:)]

That's occurred to me, too.
    Particularly with the wood framework exposed...
    [;)][:D]