In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever go to a gay bar for a lQQk-see ?

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
edited June 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no but i went to texas as a kid once [:)]

JUST JOKING GUYS
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    no but i went to texas as a kid once [:)]

JUST JOKING GUYS

[8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I aint no damn good-buddy"
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got taken to one 30 years or so ago as a car passenger. Except for the slightly disconcerting sight of men/men and women/women dancing together, it was no big deal.

I got asked to dance, politely, and declined politely. Twice. Wasn't hassled for being not gay, and didn't hassle anybody for being gay.

The beer was still beer, the music was still too loud and there was too much tobacco smoke for me. In short, no different than any other bar. It might be different today, though.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in 79, the ship I was stationed on got transfered to Long Beach. First night in port a buddy and I hit the beach to checkout the bars. We went into a bar called YE OLDE TAVERN. We waked to the end of the bar past what we thought were a couple of good looking honeys. The barmaid came over and asked in a voice that sounded like it came from his/her toes, "Whatta have hon?". We ordered a couple of beers and turned around on our stools to watch some guys shooting pool. The honeys at the other end of the bar started making eyes at us and we kinda played it up with them. One of the guys shooting pool came over and started talking to us. He asked, "Do you know what kind of bar this is?". We very quickly began to get the picture. He said "Yeah, everybody in here has a ball park frank". We were stunned to say the least. I asked "Even those two honeys at the end of the bar?". He replied, "Especially those two." This guy seemed like a regular joe, he even said that he was in the Navy. I asked him, "If this place is gay, what's the big draw in here for you?" He says, "I kinda play both routes." We downed our beers and got the hell out of there.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Similar thing happened to me in Vancouver, BC. Our ship came in for their Rose Festival, and a couple of buddies and I went out to hit the bars.

Found a nice one, sat at a table and ordered a couple of pitchers...

The bartender asked if we wanted anything to drink.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yea the gun an garden. it was in chasleston. it had two floors.we went upstairs.an tossed olives an whatnot at the queers below . the wait staff had dobermans with them in the garden. girlfriend gave me a lap dance there first one .it must have turned her on or somthing. never went back.
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    No, but i stayed at a holiday inn once. eastbank.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not intentionally.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Not intentionally.

Thats me too. living in Calif for many years and being a real party fool. I've walked into the wrong place many times. Never stuck around long, as in never even orderd a drink.

One in Oceanside caught me really by Surprise. We had a local 1% bike club, I knew many of them because they served with me in the Marines. They had a bar which was theirs everybody that did not know them were not welcome. Well in 78 I got transfered to Okinawa returned 78. Decided to see how my buds were doing. That bar was now a Gay Bar.[V][xx(]
  • Options
    indy_kidindy_kid Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Got taken to one 30 years or so ago as a car passenger. Except for the slightly disconcerting sight of men/men and women/women dancing together, it was no big deal.

I got asked to dance, politely, and declined politely. Twice. Wasn't hassled for being not gay, and didn't hassle anybody for being gay.

The beer was still beer, the music was still too loud and there was too much tobacco smoke for me. In short, no different than any other bar. It might be different today, though.

Used to be one next to the "Kentucky Theater", the small indie movie house in Lex., KY that would show all the old classics, and "Rocky Horror" every Saturday night (this is the late 1970s). I'd go in for a beer before the movie. Got hit on once, politely declined. No big deal.

I find it funny that so many "real men" fear going in a gay bar, as if EVERY gay in there will hit on them. Tell me, when you go in a STRAIGHT bar, does every WOMAN hit on you?

You're just as fugly to gay men as you are to straight women, and you don't have a shot with either.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Helped build one in Baltimore called Central Station.

Been to plenty of others.

If one is secure in ones sexuality it is no different than any other place. I know that most of my gay friends get laid a lot more than I ever did chasing women.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by indy_kid

I find it funny that so many "real men" fear going in a gay bar, as if EVERY gay in there will hit on them. Tell me, when you go in a STRAIGHT bar, does every WOMAN hit on you?

You're just as fugly to gay men as you are to straight women, and you don't have a shot with either.
    [/quote]

No one was bashing you Indy, relax.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    Indy, you do not mind gay bars, you dislike this Country, and you do not seem to want to fight to save this Country's freedom.

If you don't have posts of me saying exactly those things, kindly GTFO.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Careful Earl, his kind [:X] [:X] [:X] gets offended easily.
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    as a matter of fact.

me and a friend were bar hopping 6 months back and we hit this one.

i walk in first with a buddy following me.
    i head toward the back like i know were I'm going [;)]
    (trying not to look like it was the first time there)[:0]

then i felt a tap on my shoulder , buddy says
    WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE.[?]

i ask why , he says look around, at first glance i see some hot chicks dancing with each other [:p] then my eyes focus on some duds dancing with each other as well.[xx(][xx(]

didn't take long to find the door we came in,[:I]

wasn't we were scared of the gays in there we just didn't want anyone we knew seeing us come out of there[;)]
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by indy_kid

Hey. . .I resemble that remark![;)]

To my knowledge, I've never been in a gay bar (accidentally or on purpose).

I dislike like bars in general, so I can hardly see why I might prefer to patronize a gay bar any more than the other ones I dislike and don't patronize.

I'm not "afraid" to go in one, I just don't see how it would be entertaining, that's all.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to admit Indy I have been in a bar where every woman in it hit on me........all 2 of them. But then I don't always hang out in the big city like you high rollers.

As for ever being in a gay bar, like James said, not on purpose.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...No, and I sure as hell wouldn't go into one to have a drink either...but, I guess if you go to the trouble to intentionally find, patronize a gay bar, well...kinda self explanitory from that point on. I can see where indychild would be comfortable, water does seek it's on level.

...indychild, you're a hoot. "real" men, & "fear", uh, I don't see where anyone said that?

...Real men, just don't care to hang around queer folk is the reason, not fear. If your still wearing those thong panties, you might try changing to some type that are not as tight, as the thongs seem to making you irritable; or is it just that "delicate" time for you?

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    ...to intentionally find

WTH? Read my post. It was NEXT DOOR to the theater I was going to.

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    I have to admit Indy I have been in a bar where every woman in it hit on me........all 2 of them. But then I don't always hang out in the big city like you high rollers.
    Used to hang out at the Cozy Inn on Shore Drive at Little Creek, did ya. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    indychild quote:WTH? Read my post.

...I did...and you made a conscious choice to patronize a gay bar in a city where I am pretty sure the queer folk bars are in the minority, as everywhere, well, San Fran-Freako may be the exception to that.

...Theater next door too, now thats handy...slam down a few Sumatra Sunshine's w/the little pink umbrella, then after some two * drinkin', go next door to catch the all male version of My Fair Lady, my, you do go in for that a manly lifestyle there indy...[:D]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    cabnetmancabnetman Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been thrown out of one. Didn't know it was one until it was to late.[:D]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the most fun ones I've been too were in Ft. Lauderdale. That buy 1 get 3 drink special makes for a good time.
  • Options
    Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cabnetman
    Been thrown out of one. Didn't know it was one until it was to late.[:D]

Sounds like an old Charlie Daniels tune! [:D]

And in response to this topic,
    you GOTTA be f---in' kiddin' me. Sheesh.
    Get a grip.

Here's an experience that taught me somethin' about the mindset that one would have to have to stick somethin' where the sun don't shine...

I was lucky enough to get an internship in lung cancer research at the National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD, back in '87 (after recoverin' from my years of undergrad inebriation) . Part of that internship agreement required the participants to reside on a medical ward in one of the NIH's institutes. I was assigned to live in an unused patient room on a medical ward floor in the Allergies and Infectious Diseases Institute building. Oh, lucky me.

During that time, HIV and AIDS was just coming to bear on the world and on my floor were several gay patients infected with the virus and in the early stages of AIDS. Again, oh joy. When talkin' to 'em one Friday evening in the lobby, they said they were going out to a local gay bar. I replied, "You're just goin' for drinks, right?" (By the way, my fiance was waiting for me back at home!! [;)]) In other words, you're not lookin' to hitch up given your condition are you? Grinning, they flat out said that they wouldn't pass on anything if it presented itself. Astonished, I said "What about the virus?" They said they were dying and didn't really give a damn. Someone gave it to them, so why should they care. (I've toned down their actual words, said in defiant anger, for our new people on this forum.)

That pretty much sums up why I think like I do about this topic.
    Maybe HIV has a purpose after all, IMO.

Sorry to any butt-bumpin' pantywaists I've offended. [;)]