In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Alright what would you do,,,,,,

IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Got to the range 2day, took the misses out to shoot her new gun stopped at the only sheltered bunker with a john so she could pee. Im out there pickin up brass she comes out of the john wanders into the shelter. Here someone apparantly left their 30 carbine rifle case, with 2 20 round mags fully loaded and 1 10 round mag empty, but no gun, so we wander back up the hill to the 100 yard shoot and shoot for a good 2 hours noone comes back to get it. on the way out we talk to the 4 shooters shootin the 1000 yard range and they say noone has been down where we were today that they know of, we're thinkin how the hell do ya go to the range with your m1 30 carbine in its perfect little gun case with sweet little pockets for extra mags, then leave with your rifle but not the case[?] and 2 boot it just so happens we bought a 30 carbine not more than 2 months ago..... what would you do try to track down the owner from the sign in pages or keep them and whooo hooo?

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,027 ******
    edited November -1
    Post a notice saying:
    "Something found. If you lost it and can tell me what, where, and when, it's yours."
    Then, you can sleep the sleep of the righteous.[8D]
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    finders keepers, losers weepers?
    Nah, that won't make you feel good. At least make an effort to find the owner. You would want your stuff back wouldn't you?
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Probally post a sign without a exact description stating if they came back looking to call such and such number to claim it. Then if they call and can tell you what they lost give it back. Personally I wouldn't of just left it there because I'd greatly appreciate someone safe for holding my stuff and not letting a unhonest person just come take it.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk
    Probally post a sign without a exact description stating if they came back looking to call such and such number to claim it. Then if they call and can tell you what they lost give it back. Personally I wouldn't of just left it there because I'd greatly appreciate someone safe for holding my stuff and not letting a unhonest person just come take it.

Thats me too, but still how does anyone go to the range with a gun and a case filled w mags and come home without the case, thats as dumb as when I was antelope huntin that one year got out with the gun over the hood, shot, ranged em, got back in the truck and drove off with the gun and spotting scope still on the hood. (20 years ago)[:o)] how do ya do that? by the way this was only a 50 yrd bunker we were in so I Have to rule out that they were shootin multiple guns other than if they were shootin all pistols and their 30 carbine[?]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idahordnk
    Got to the range 2day, took the misses out to shoot her new gun stopped at the only sheltered bunker with a john so she could pee. Im out there pickin up brass she comes out of the john wanders into the shelter. Here someone apparantly left their 30 carbine rifle case, with 2 20 round mags fully loaded and 1 10 round mag empty, but no gun, so we wander back up the hill to the 100 yard shoot and shoot for a good 2 hours noone comes back to get it. on the way out we talk to the 4 shooters shootin the 1000 yard range and they say noone has been down where we were today that they know of, we're thinkin how the hell do ya go to the range with your m1 30 carbine in its perfect little gun case with sweet little pockets for extra mags, then leave with your rifle but not the case[?] and 2 boot it just so happens we bought a 30 carbine not more than 2 months ago..... what would you do try to track down the owner from the sign in pages or keep them and whooo hooo?

I would love to purchase those mags if you cannot find the owner. Of course I will give them a good loving home. I am a big believer in adopting unwanted critters and stuff.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Saw a guy drive off and leave his AR 15 and case once. I took it to the club house. He realized it like a week later and got it back.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I would leave a few notes at the range stating that you found a gun case and would like to return it to the rightful owner. Leave your number for them to call to describe the case and contents. Wait 30 days before declaring it yours.

Do not describe the case nor mention the mags in the notes. Let the callers tell you what they lost and where they left it.

You may get a lot of calls from people fishing in an attempt to get it.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    Print out a couple flyers at the range stating that a merchandise was found please call xxx with item description.

If you state what it is you may have hands all over it.

be brief with discription and try your best to get it back to the rightfull owner.
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    turn them in at your local brady bunch office. get those evil guns off the street. save a child.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by robbie penny
    turn them in at your local brady bunch office. get those evil guns off the street. save a child.

I would be more concerned about saving the grass that those nasty black guns destroy than the kids. Seems the government thinks along the same lines these days.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    I've found a pistol twice at a public range...

Left note saying "firearm found, call w/ description and serial" and also called game warden (range is in a nat'l forrest) and the county sherrifs office with the info. Returned the gun both times, even got offered a reward on one of 'em.
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Turn it in to a local cop. SNORK!!

Clouder..
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    You find the owner of the mags yet? I would love to purchase them.
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    post something in the Classifieds at the local gun ranges, stores, shoping centers..... etc.....
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    quote:Originally posted by idahordnk

I would love to purchase those mags if you cannot find the owner. Of course I will give them a good loving home. I am a big believer in adopting unwanted critters and stuff.

quote:You find the owner of the mags yet? I would love to purchase them.

Well, made my poster and set it up out there noone called yet ill give it a week or two, Survivalist86 apparantly you missed the part in the first post of mine that said we had just purchased a 30 carbine 2 months ago so if anyone is gonna score here it will be us... no offense[:D], ours only came w one 30 round mag marked m2... these are all marked.......? well,....looks like one says k.i, the other iu, the other not marked,dont 30 carbines function the best w original gi mags[?] hell thats another topic in itself what the hell are these?