In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My son is (HB, LT you might appreciate this)

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
as much of a loonas I am. Challenged to draw a cartoon for Social Studies, this was what he came up with (below). What suprised me more than anything is the teacher (who is a female) had to say about it (picture also below). Perhaps there is hope.

IMG_1129-1.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Can you tell us what is said on his paper?...I know it says we the people but whats after that?...and what is on the scissors?
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    as much of a loonas I am. Challenged to draw a cartoon for Social Studies, this was what he came up with (below). What suprised me more than anything is the teacher (who is a female) had to say about it (picture also below). Perhaps there is hope.

IMG_1129-1.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Tod,

You've got yourself quite the artist there, but above that, it looks as though he is a fine young man, and has his head screwed on tightly.

Bravo to him, and his Dad.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    Good young man you have . Keep being the good father you are and guide him . He will go far...............
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is what he wrote to go along with it;

I chose to draw this because our leader refuse to follow the constitution, so they may as well cut it up.
    Each elected representative has bent the rules fit their own needs, and wants. Unfair taxes, watering down of the second amendment,entitlements, running up of the deficit, federal take over of banking, and bailouts are all examples of federal abuse. America and her leaders refuse to follow it's own foundation.

Each scisso has it's own wording;
    Bailouts
    Entitlement programs
    Federal Reserve
    Deficit
    Social Security
    Federal Government Interference
  • Options
    edited November -1

I chose to draw this because our leader refuse to follow the constitution, so they may as well cut it up.
    Each elected representative has bent the rules fit their own needs, and wants. Unfair taxes, watering down of the second amendment,entitlements, running up of the deficit, federal take over of banking, and bailouts are all examples of federal abuse. America and her leaders refuse to follow it's own foundation.

Bailouts
    Entitlement programs
    Federal Reserve
    Deficit
    Social Security

[^]

Tod,

I know you are proud of him, and I am as well. He is wise beyond his years.

IIRC, you said in an earlier post that your son is 9; is that correct?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Bailouts
    Entitlement programs
    Federal Reserve
    Deficit
    Social Security

[^]

Tod,

I know you are proud of him, and I am as well. He is wise beyond his years.

IIRC, you said in an earlier post that your son is 9; is that correct?
    Thanks. This son is 15. I have another son that turns 8 in October. I have 5 children, 14,15,16,17 and 8(soon to be)
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Simply wonderful.
    No other word for it, and this great Country will NEVER vanish from this earth as long as there are Dads like you around, Todesengel.

Obviously, you have done your job...training the young in the path they MUST take in order to become decent, honorable Americans.

How I wish your son was not remarkable in this respect, Sir, but just one of MANY...sadly, he is a blazing forest fire among flickering embers of a dying, run-out seed.

Just for an old man...whatthell is 'Mugs'..for which she felt the need to mark off one point ?
    Naturally, given the NEA, we are INDEED proud that your fine son was not marched off to detention for a couple days.....
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Simply wonderful.
    No other word for it, and this great Country will NEVER vanish from this earth as long as there are Dads like you around, Todesengel.

Obviously, you have done your job...training the young in the path they MUST take in order to become decent, honorable Americans.

How I wish your son was not remarkable in this respect, Sir, but just one of MANY...sadly, he is a blazing forest fire among flickering embers of a dying, run-out seed.

Just for an old man...whatthell is 'Mugs'..for which she felt the need to mark off one point ?
    Naturally, given the NEA, we are INDEED proud that your fine son was not marched off to detention for a couple days.....

Pretty much what I was wondering myself.
    WTG Rob,......Todd, whatever your real name is.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, at 15, he still has a firmer grasp of what it means to be a citizen than most adults do.

[;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Simply wonderful.

Thanks HB, but amazingly most of his friends fall in line with this thinking. They spend some time here, and I, with the permission of their parents, have taught many proper gun handling (safety) and shooting. I also explain to them about what is happening to our rights, and most take it from there with google, etc. When one asks what I do to protect our rights, I want to scream about this, but I know it would fall on deaf ears, and produce ridicule. I can for myself detach myself from insults. I am not so good at doing that when it comes to my family.

Mugs, as it was explained to me, is an acronym dealing with grammar, and spelling. Unfortunately I passed along my inability to be coherent with my terrible structure, spelling, and organization with writing.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obviously... THERE IS HOPE YET!

Todesengel, can you elaborate on the assignment a little more?
    My wife teaches and I 'd like to intelligently address her with this fine specimen of work... [:D]

At least if I look like I know what I'm talking about... It'll be easier!!! [;)]

Oh..., and GOOD JOB TO YOU and YOUR WIFE TOO..., Sir.
    I'm glad to see that there is still the family unit foremost in some places... Good to see by far!

edit: If I could spell..., I'd be a genius!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

My wife teaches and I 'd like to intelligently address her with this fine specimen of work... [:D]

At least if I look like I know what I'm talking about... It'll be easier!!! [;)]

I'm glad to see that there is still the family unit foremost in some places... Good to see by far!

From my son;

He was challenged to draw a political cartoon, about anything current. His original idea was to draw something about Obama, but he thought better, his words; "attacking the person would result in nothing but fighting over his color, so I chose to attack the message, not one of the messengers"
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [;)] [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

From my son;

He was challenged to draw a political cartoon, about anything current. His original idea was to draw something about Obama, but he thought better, his words; "attacking the person would result in nothing but fighting over his color, so I chose to attack the message, not one of the messengers"

Are you priming him for politics? [:D]

No really, that your son actually thought through his concept and understood his intent and what the probable interpretation of others might be is phenomenal beyond all standards! I still say THERE's HOPE YET!!! [:D]

I also have to agree with Highball:
    quote:by Highball:

It's a shame that your son is in fact seemingly remarkable and not the commonality of these United States! Ohh..., How I wish that your son's attitude was just another common occurrence amongst our young people today... Unfortunately, seemingly, he's not... But the good news is...

HE IS and should become a LEADER amongst men soon enough! [^][;)]

Again, I have to congratulate you and your wife for such a fine upstanding young man... [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1

From my son;

Are you priming him for politics? [:D]

No really, that your son actually thought through his concept and understood his intent and what the probable interpretation of others might be is phenomenal beyond all standards! I still say THERE's HOPE YET!!! [:D]

I also have to agree with Highball:
    quote:by Highball:

It's a shame that your son is in fact seemingly remarkable and not the commonality of these United States! Ohh..., How I wish that your son's attitude was just another common occurrence amongst our young people today... Unfortunately, seemingly, he's not... But the good news is...

HE IS and should become a LEADER amongst men soon enough! [^][;)]

Again, I have to congratulate you and your wife for such a fine upstanding young man... [^]

Thank you so much, but I think it has more to do with his mother than me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    By God, that boy has some excellent critical thinking and assessment ability.

I am proud of him for having the keen senses to see that which 'is' and the courage to go against the conventional wisdom to present some blunt, direct and much needed commentary on a critical subject.

I need not ask of your pride, that goes without saying.

I gotta say, seeing someone who can grasp this stuff, then articulate a visual that attacks the heart of the matter, who isn't gray and grizzled (like yours truly), gives a fella some fresh perspective.

All I can say, is that boys do not grow into men such as he will surely be, without a stand-up, loving and knowledgable father to guide and provide a positive role-model.

You, sir, have done well in that respect, obviously.

You tell him that el-tee thinks he did a fantastic job and for him to keep the faith. Men like he and his dad are not alone in those beliefs. We will prevail, in the end.[;)]
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    He deserves an extra cookie...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your boy did GREAT Tod.
    Good on you AND him. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    By God, that boy has some excellent critical thinking and assessment ability.

I am proud of him for having the keen senses to see that which 'is' and the courage to go against the conventional wisdom to present some blunt, direct and much needed commentary on a critical subject.

I need not ask of your pride, that goes without saying.

I gotta say, seeing someone who can grasp this stuff, then articulate a visual that attacks the heart of the matter, who isn't gray and grizzled (like yours truly), gives a fella some fresh perspective.

All I can say, is that boys do not grow into men such as he will surely be, without a stand-up, loving and knowledgable father to guide and provide a positive role-model.

You, sir, have done well in that respect, obviously.

You tell him that el-tee thinks he did a fantastic job and for him to keep the faith. Men like he and his dad are not alone in those beliefs. We will prevail, in the end.[;)]

+1000 X-Ring Lt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    He deserves an extra cookie...[:D]

Hey ROL... I like cookies! But, they gotta be sugar-free without that dag-gum sugar alcohol too. That stuff keeps me in the out-house...
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrates to your son You should be proud. Now make a copy and send to Washington, Not that it will do any good
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The way I have it figured if my face winds up on a milk carton someday I will have already done my job. If his face winds up on a milk carton, god help the powers that be.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Great work!!!!

Please allow him a "peak" at the comments regarding his work. He certainly deserves the encouragement and reward for a job well done.

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    Great work!!!!

Please allow him a "peak" at the comments regarding his work. He certainly deserves the encouragement and reward for a job well done.

NS

I gave him my 70's satin nickel combat commander today. If he is mature enough to think like a man, he can have the pistol my father gave me when I was a kid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great work!!!!

NS

I gave him my 70's satin nickel combat commander today. If he is mature enough to think like a man, he can have the pistol my father gave me when I was a kid.
    And yet again, another example of the fine man that you are.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great work!!!!

NS

Good luck getting that smile off his face. It may be permanent.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Great work!!!!

NS

Good luck getting that smile off his face. It may be permanent.[:D]

Todesengel...

You may have just sealed the deal with putting your son in front of the pack!
    I don't think he'll ever look back at childhood ever again. Wonderful! [^][;)]

.and I couldn't agree with you more...
    If he thinks as a man..., a man he certainly is!
    And deserves all that being a man includes...

I'm not sure if your father is still around, regardless, I'm sure he approves of your decision as well! ...I know that I would!
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    Couldnt have depicted it better myself very proud of that boy. Way to go Todd...........He needs a job in congress[8D]