In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hakim

mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Anybody have a Hakim and how well does it shoot?

Comments

• Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Yes, have two and been a few years since I shot either one of them but at the time both shot well. But, been a while (like four years or so). Now that you ask, better go deep in the rack, dig them out, and clean 'em up and take them out to fire again. Just got some good Portugese 8mm....maybe next week if not to busy, will give them a try.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stoner bought the right to copy the gas system from this design for the AR15 (from the Swede original version).

they are good working heavy weapons. 10 rounds of semi auto 198gr bullets is a heavy stick and they actually work very well.

First time one fires one he gets a blast of gas in the face and thinks there is something wrong but that is how it works.

You think a Garand has a nasty closing bolt??? Nothing compared to a Hakim!![:0]

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Yes.

Ok.

I've never slammed my fingers in an M1 bolt but I seem to get them in the Hakim's bolt every trip; and if you don't know, the Hakim bolt is a LOT more energetic than the M1's bolt.

Don't shoot turk surplus out of it, the pressure curve is wrong.

Otherwise it does well enough with the right ammo; 2-3" or so at best.
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    I have one. And it works well for me.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    don't have one, but got to look at one at a gun show for a half hour. they are very interesting. always thought it was Egyptian design I was looking at, but from what I hear it was originally designed by Norwegians or Swedish.

When Nasser took over Egypt he worked out a deal for the Swedes to come in and set up weapons factories for the country. They brought the AG42 plans in and the Hakim is just an improved AG42. Did the same with the Rashid. But then the Nasserites went with the Russians and the AK...and the end of the Swedish connnection.