In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TN Rep. Blackburn grills ACA Sec. Sebelius

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
You Tennessee folks did a good job electing Rep. Blackburn! Make sure you watch the video.

`Hold Me Accountable!': Sebelius' Heated Exchange With Rep. Blackburn

In a heated back-and-forth during testimony before the House Energy & Commerce Committee, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) questioned Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius about whether President Obama broke his promise that Americans could keep their existing health care plans.

Blackburn cited numerous reports that plans were being canceled, which Sebelius defended as common, saying, "Insurance companies cancel individual policies year in and year out. They are a one-year contract with individuals."

Blackburn blasted back, "Some people like to drive a Ford, not a Ferrari and some people like to drink out of a red solo cup, not a crystal stem. You're taking away their choice."

The contentious exchange continued when Blackburn pressed about who is responsible for the problems associated with healthcare.gov. When Sebelius mentioned Michelle Snyder, the chief operating officer for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Blackburn said, "Michelle Snyder is the one responsible for this debacle."

"Excuse me congresswoman, Michelle Snyder is not responsible for the debacle. Hold me accountable for the debacle. I'm responsible," Sebelius responded.

Comments

• Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With Government, unlike the private-sector, accountability means nothing! It will be business as usual with nobody losing their jobs...[:(]
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    As usual, Liar Liar pants on fire!
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    With Government, unlike the private-sector, accountability means nothing! It will be business as usual with nobody losing their jobs...[:(]
    Very true.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I actually thought Sebelius did a pretty good job defending the ACA and accepting both responsibility and accountabilty for the failures of the website rollout. She apologized for the massive screwup and said she will work to fix it. The reality is that she is not going to be fired and there is nothing anyone in Congress can do about it so it is what it is. I think the entire thing will die of its own weight and its expense. Most folks signing up are going on state Medicaid and that bill is going to come due in several years and the states that agreed to that are going to choke IMO. But I was a bit impressed with how she conducted herself and didn't blow up at several of the ignorant questioners....pardon me, Congressmen and women.