In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

He just could not take it anymore-

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
<Sarcasm> He cracked under pressure! The tree huger's will press for full senate hearings![:D][;)][:o)]

CLINTON, Maine (AP) A Police said a 500-pound moose fell 18 feet to its death when it apparently leaped a guardrail on an Interstate 95 overpass and landed on Hinckley Road. Officials learned of the incident when a motorist called the town office shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday and told assistant town clerk Shirley Bailey that "a moose just fell out of the sky."

Bailey said the driver, who was under the bridge when he spotted the falling moose, was "pretty excited about it."

Police Chief Charles Runnels said the yearling bull probably panicked because of the noise and traffic along I-95 and began running. He said it just picked the wrong spot to jump the guardrail, falling onto a road instead of landing in a field.

A passerby with a wrecker hauled away the carcass.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/8503862

Comments

• SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:A passerby with a wrecker hauled away the carcass

Moose bar-b-q!!
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    <Sarcasm> I wonder if we need to lower the height of the bridge to make it moose friendly?

And equip it with anti moose suicide safety nets?[:o)]
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [:0] it`s raining moose there?[:D][:D]hahahahahahaha!!!

but being serious, the guy`s lucky it didn`t land on his car[xx(][B)]
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    A few years ago in Toronto a motorist standing near his stalled car hopped over the guiderail not realizing he was on an overpass.... same result as the moose. [xx(]

Ron
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I can just see that Moose, going up the road, swinging from the straps on the back of that wrecker!!![:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    <Sarcasm>Do we need a government plan to educate Moose's about bridges?
    Or should we medicate them so they are happy and be care free about bridges? This could turn into a pandemic!
  • topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee Rocky, flying looks like fun think I'll try it.
    edited November -1
    <Sarcasm> Now if we provided them with a food subsidy at tax payer cost will they go some place else so the are not harmed?
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess base jumping is a little more popular than I thought!

If the moose had thumbs, he could have pulled the ripcord.

Thats were moose come up short, pre-jump planning.
    edited November -1
    People! we have 50,000 Deer deaths A year if not more! Now its the moose!

ARRRGGGGGG! How can you let this happen!
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    HAHAHA.. my dog did that kind of thing last year. I was making a delivery to a store and while they were unloading my tailer at the dock in the alley I let my dog out to take a whizz and run a little bit. When he jumped out of the truck he ran across the alley and lept over a 2 foot wall only to discover the 6 foot drop on the other side. I had tears in my eyes when he tried to put on his air brakes as he went over the wall. Kind of like the cyote (sp?) in the road runner cartoon. Luckily there was a bunch of cut up branches from a tree at the bottom so he didn't get hurt.[img][/img]hpim0086.th.jpg
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a friend about 20 years ago who had a Doberman that did the same thing. Walking behind us on a fishing outing, stupid dog was there one minute and gone the next. Fell about 40ft! to a river bank. Didn't kill him but broke it's back. 14 weeks in a body cast, $2500, ALMOST fully recovered, and the dipstick ran out in the middle of a road and got hit by a truck. That did it! Natural selection I guess?[:0]
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Kinda the same thing happened to our dog Molly, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Nov of 07 we were in the feedlot working on a feeder and she was walking around in the manure on the upper end were it was only 1-2" deep. She hopped up in the feed bunk and walked down to the lower end and decided to jump out, only to discover that the manure was 12" deep and she was only 16" at the shoulders at that time.
    The look on her face was priceless" What the Hell!!"